Home

Slow-motion effect in UK Trailer

Guest Sifl

Did anyone notice at 1:44 in the PC Gamer UK trailer, when kyle kills that reborn(?), the camera does a slow-motion spin around him? It's a little choppy (I assume because of the video), but it seems pretty cool to me... kinda like the "instant replay" idea in fighting games, except it highlights the killing move realtime... what do you guys think?

Looks exactly like max payne.

That is far from a bad thing. Sometimes, in max payne, when you killed the last enemy in an area, it would go into super slow mo and rotate around the guy you killed. If you pulled off the move well, that could be very rewarding.

Now imagine that exact same feature, but in JO, and only after you kill the last reborn or sith in the area. Ultra mucho rewarding ++. Especially after the boss or a mini-boss, like those in JK. Imagine - a saber fight that goes on for 5 - 10 mins, and then you finally deal the winning blow, and you are rewarded with that. Garunteed to make you scream "YES!!" out loud.

Just cause its a new effect doesn't mean its un-starwars-ish. I being a longtime veteran of star wars, welcome this new addition with open arms and a closed mind.

Unlike some other people, who have posted on this topic in the other thread (Mr.Relish) I do like chocolate. Can I have his medallion, as well as mine? Or does he get "something" special like a rock candy lightsaber, if so I will trade my medallion for one of those.

Mr.Sh0eWax:D

That slow motion effect is the new FORCE SPEED!!!

...more info read the other threads...;)

Qel

Oh yeh...before i forget welcome to SIFL, GLOBULESO and

MR.SHOEWAX...don't forget to ask for your *chocolate jedi medalions* from Stormhammer.

Actually Qel, I don't think so. It would be kinda impractical to have a force speed that, when used, rotates the camera around the character. It would be almost impossible to control. I'm going to have to say it happens when you kill the last reborn/dark jedi in an area for now.

Who knows.. maybe its gonna be part of the new star wars film, and lucasarts have told raven to add it in.. maybe there will be some slow-mo type saber fighting in the new movie.. i actually kinda hope not, the speed is what makes the fights so good, but i also think this is gonna be awesome for this game..

From what i've been reading a lot these treads about force speed and it says the new force speed slows down everything to a crawl...

...to the enemy it looks like u are moving at 100mph...;)

The camera movement is just to show u the effect...

Who knows...maybe u are right...

Qel

No. That feature is from "Severance- Blade of Darkness" multiplayer. Two players are battling each other while the others watch them. When one of the player is struck down by the other, the time changes to slow motion and u can see the the winner's last attacks which chop some body parts off. It was pretty cool and I hope you can do it in JO also

Looks like he is completely turning to the dark side there. smoke seems to comes out of him adn then it goes in slow motion and and grips him to death and let's him drops him dead. Also When he does it he stands up straight and u hear vader noises.

It was very stylish, wasn't it? What with the wall-walking and that AMAZING jump Kyle pulls it all jas a rather Matrix feel to it...

Well, it's not very Star Wars, no; Star Wars has a Flash Gordon feel to it. And I have no good idea what the slo-mo feature could actually be- could just have been a demo gimmick.

But it all look spretty cool, anyway.

I don't think it's Force Speed in SP...because indications are that Kyle continues going at the same speed, while everything around him slows down. Kyle slows down as well in that section of the video... In fact, it only slows down for that particular saber slash - which appears to be the killing blow. Add the rotation, and I think you have a very strong argument for a slow-mo deathblow. ;)

Welcome to the forums, Sifl, GlobuleSO, and Mr. Sh0eWax. ;) I hope you enjoy your stay. Here...

*hands each a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

Rock Candy Lightsabers are special treats, along with Gold-Wrapped Chocolate Lightsabers. :D

Originally posted by StormHammer

Welcome to the forums, Sifl, GlobuleSO, and Mr. Sh0eWax. ;) I hope you enjoy your stay. Here...

*hands each a chocolate Jedi Medallion*

You must really get some weird kinky thrill out of "welcoming" people, StormHammer... and considering the fact that my first post was at least 5 days before yours according to the forum post search, mayhaps tis *I* who should be welcoming you!

;)

Feel free to eat my chocolate Jedi Medallion...

I think the Force Speed slowing down everything seems relatively feasible. I read somewhere, and I can't rightfully remember where now, that you have some sort of camera angle control. I don't know, perhaps I was just dreaming it.... But whatever the end result is, I'm sure it will be sweet no matter...

There's my two cents worth.

GAT

No please no slo-mo, why?

well heres the deal, whenever a game uses slo-mo stuff i get this strange feeling in the head, wich makes me wanna go to sleep, but i dream everything in slomo then, so i get nightmares and with nightmares you wont have a good night sleep, so youl be cranky the next morning, and you dont eat all to well, well when you go to your work/school youl be hungry and you cant study/work then youl get distracted and make mistakes in your work, so you'l either get your butt kicked by the teacher or by a heavy duty drill or something, and if its really worse with the second option (bout the heavy duty drill) you could end up in the hospital with a broken arm or something, or... worse, a trauma about your work, wich eventually leads to a mental breakdown, wich could end up in getting yourself being locked in a strange asylum or something.

yeah and then they say games don't influence the mind of young children, yeaah riiaaate.

the possibility of it is unlikely but it could happen!

Archived