Home

cheat codes

JEDI_5000_15

LOL, the games not even out and u want to cheat? shame :p lol.

The Q3A engine on it's own will not support a fly mode were the player is visible and u can shoot ppl while flying, there is something similar called 'noclip' which will allow you to fly around the map, just not shoot at people but i'm sure the mod comunity as darthfergie says will develop something :D

Here is a quote from LEC's Jedi Outcast site:

3.10 Will there be cheat codes available in Jedi Outcast?

Yes. The standard Quake III: Team Arena engine cheat codes will be available in the single-player game. Cheats will include god mode, noclip, notarget, timescale and spawn.

BTW, I used flying quite often in MotS when Force jumping to small, secrect places was too difficult for me. ;)

There will be cheats in Multiplayer for Development purposes. So if you making maps or mods, you can set cheats on to more easily work on your project.

When the server is set to "enable" these cheats, all users are usually made aware of this when they connect to the server. Public servers don't usually have cheats enabled, since it kinda ruins the ability to have a game.

So yes, there will be cheats, but no you don't have worry about them ruining "online" games.

Cyclone.

Originally posted by Belgirion

sigh, why can't people just play the game like it was supposed to be played without cheats. I mean are you that bad at games that you have to rely on god mode and infinite ammo?

Rely? I think not...but who hasn't wanted to just take out your frustration on a bunch of hapless stormies in god mode with unlimited ammo? :D ehehehe...

Cheating in Single player, hey that's up to you and knock yourself out. But cheating in MP is just lame.

I need to claify my point above. Cheating in MP is available for developers as stated. But servers running with Pure Server enabled will not allow cheating. In Elite force, you clearly can see if you are playing on a server with it enabled. Now, there is the subject of scripting which is a differnt subject.

Cheats are put into games for development testing purposes, and in the old days, they weren't always removed before the game went to the public, sometimes they were shut off, but often still accessible in a backdoor kind of way.

Later on, the idea was seized on that the public could be shown the cheats, since gaming mags often featured the hidden easter eggs and debug menus that people discovered. Nowadays cheats are a way for bored people to mess around with the game, and for people who are easily frustrated to skip past the parts of the game they don't like (re)playing.

I'm sure it's pretty much assumed that the majority don't want cheats to interfere with online multiplayer, but cheats in single player should be available for those who wish to use them.

As far as extra player scripting is concerned, personally I wouldn't mind if all that mess were simply left out of the game, but some may beg to differ.

Archived