Home

Ok I am going to sound stupid

JackTheGaffer

Originally posted by JackTheGaffer

Ok, it has been a long time since I played JK, but if you fell to the Dark Side, didn't you kill Jan?

I don't think Kyle killed Jan since they didn't act it out...it just ending with Kyle and Sariss...Jan probably went get another boyfriend..i mean an anti-Imperial mercenary....:)

<font color=cbcbff> Why is he even tempted to kill Jan? Isn't the dark side usually motivated by anger, vengeance, fear, aggression, hatred or ....something? Jan was nothing but nice to Kyle. In fact, she has saved his butt a WHOLE bunch of times and she's kinda hot. Why would it even be <i>tempted</i> to kill her? He stands there struggling like it's the hardest decision in the world.....evil man...telling me to kill my best friend.....she hasn't done anything to me....ever........hmm, do it, don't....do it....don't......DAAAH!! ::VVVMMM::ZZAP::AAAAAH! I'm evil now.

I don't understand that. It makes no sense. I only did the dark side once in JK, just to see what happened, and I don't really remember very well if there was a reason for him wanting to kill Jan.

I believe the psychological rationale is that doing something awful and out of character like killing your best friend would cause a severe mental break... and in this case, put Kyle in touch with the Dark Side. Also committing an evil act like killing an unarmed person in cold blood would tap into dark side energy.

Jerec tried to tempt Kyle to the Dark Side on several occasions, in all of them, he offered Kyle the chance to kill someone who was unarmed. Once his bridges are burned, he has no choice, but to continue on the Dark Path...

Play the Darkside section again (or at least watch the cutscenes) and you'll see what I mean.

Archived