Home

Demo date

Silent Wolf

The 'preview' said that 'Demo is rumored to be from mid-February to early March' ... not very convincing - but we can hope.

What I liked was "opponent Jedi will deflect your incoming fire with his/her lightsaber and pull your gun away. They don’t want to get hit!" and "you of course will have to use your Force powers, Agility and Lightsaber on the Dark Jedi you will encounter, as they will just kick your butt if you go in with guns a-blasting". Cool - make the saber and Force central to the game ...

Mike

There won't be a demo until weeks after the game is released. Any hope of something earlier is just lies. Lies lies lies!

Don't be tricked. Raven doesn't put out demos before the game is on the shelves. You'll have the real deal, and won't even care about the demo when it is released.

Cyclone

u forget that Raven isn't publishing the game, lucasarts are and if they want a demo out in early march, then a demo will be out in early march.

I'm a little confused to how lucas arts works with demo's, like for SW : Starfighter the demo was only just released, but for SW: Galactic Battle Grounds there was a demo for it befor the game hit the shelves. (corresct me if i'm wrong).

Well we can only hope :D

or sign a patition and e-mail it to lucasarts :)

Guest X-Vector

Rumoured by whom?

If there were rumours doing the rounds, don't you think we'd known about them by now?

Besides, newsflash, we're already past mid-February.

Who's "Futurelooks" anyway and why do they think they can get away with posting review scores in a preview, based on hearsay/company info alone ("The AI I’ve heard about is incredible")?

The beauty of a multiplayer demo is that it doesn't give away any of the singleplayer story or levels. But it does answer our questions about gameplay and of course "Will it run on my system?". So even the people who worry about the Singleplayer portion being spoiled by a demo, can still play the demo.

I agree that playing a sinlgeplayer demo takes away from the game once you get it (playing the same level over again in the full version that you've beaten a thousand times in the demo). But multiplayer doesn't take anything away. I played the hell out of the Medal of Honor multiplayer demo but I'm still not sick of either level. At worst people won't want to play the multiplayer demo level for awhile.

Since the game is only alittle over a month away from release, by the time we get a demo, there won't really be enough time for people to get sick of the demo level anyways.

Archived