Home

They Might Be Giants, are you a fan?

Havoc Stryphe

They Might Be Giants, are you a fan?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. They Might Be Giants, are you a fan?

• I love their music!
    • Their OK
    • I hate thier music!
    • I've heard of them but really haven't had the chance to hear their music
    • Never heard of them

I was just curious to see how many of you know and/or like the musical group "They Might Be Giants". I have been an avid fan for 12 years. I love 'em because when you listen to them, you can't help but smile and laugh. And their lyrics... Genious! They truly are one of the best groups to listen to when you're having a bad day. :D

If you have heard them, what's your favorite song?

I love them! although I'm not very fond of their newest stuff, you can't beat Particle Man and Istanbul. :)

Particle Man, Particle Man,

doing the things, a particle can.

What's he like? It's not improtant, Particle Man.

Is he a dot? Or is he a speck?

When he's under water does he get wet?

Or does the water get him instead?

Nobody knows. Particle Man.

Why did Constantinople get the works? That's nobodies buisness but the Turks. :cool:

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I love them! although I'm not very fond of their newest stuff, you can't beat Particle Man and Istanbul. :)

Exactly the way I feel! Their old stuff rocks! After their Apollo 18 album it was all downhill!

I have I have all their old school albums (The box set TMBG the ealier years) and Flood and Apollo 18!

... So if you've a date in Constantinople, she'll be waiting in Istanbul... :cool:

Yeah, i used to like them but i haven't heard anything from them in a while.

As you guys said, i liked Istanbul and Particle Man. Actually, i can't think of any other songs by them. Oh well, i used to have the CD but i lost it somewhere.

EDIT: Oh wait, i remember that song "Minimum Wage." The only lyrics for the entire song was "Minimum Wage"

Originally posted by Tie Guy

EDIT: Oh wait, i remember that song "Minimum Wage." The only lyrics for the entire song was "Minimum Wage"

and the "hiyaa" *WHIP CRACK* ;)

If you ever wanted that CD's music again, let me know and I'll see what I can do ;) I personally had to buy the "Flood" album (the one you had) 3 times because I kept mysteriously "losing" it at college :p !

Originally posted by krkode

why are there so many things i dont here about

Don't worry krkode, this band is pretty much an underground band, that's why I posted the question. I wanted to see who has heard them. They have made an appearance or 2 on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, but for the most part they do small concerts on campuses and such and have released about 8 albums. But if you ever get the chance to look them up on Audiogalaxy or Imesh or Napster, do so, you'll get a kick out of 'em, I promise. ;)

Archived