Home

Offical System Requirements

JackTheGaffer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dan12R

I'm happy to say that my computer will be able to handle it. I've got a Duron 750 and 64MB GeForce2 MX/400 along with 128 MB RAM. But I don't know how much we can't trust these specs. I'm not saying these aren't the offical specs because they are. But I remember trying to play JK on my dad's computer, which, at the time, was a 100 P1. The minimum requirements were a P1 90MHz (if I remember correctly). It wasn't even worth playing on it. The frames were terrible, the res was as low as it could go and it just was sad. MP games were terrible as well. So I recomend for those who barely make it to either consider getting a new video card or maybe a little faster CPU or at least look into the prices. But who knows. This might not be the case with these requirements. We'll have to wait for a demo or the full game.

exaaactly.

Just because the GeForce 4 isn't listed doesn't mean it's not supported.

The chipsets you see there are the ones that have been tested and that LEC can garuntee will work. Any OpenGL compliant card should work 100%, however they can't test all of them, only the mainstream ones.

Well, I've decided to buy a new video card(geforce 2 MX400).

Somehow I managed to get enough money for that.

The rest of my computer should run JO just fine...I think.

Duron 800

256 RAM

Voodoo 3 (geforce 2 MX400 very soon)

Cable connection (multiplayer will be fun :D )

:cool:

everybody's bragging about their computer system, i dont know why, does it boast all of your ego's

huh what is i---

*MUST RESIST*

i cant belie-

*MUST TRY HARDER*

*MUST "DO" HARDER*

aah heck im no jedi might as well joint the club.

Something something 800 MHZ

256 something ram

geforce something mx

(my jewel) the Soundblaster live 5.1 dolby yaaaaay

and for the MP req's

i got the ADSL yaaaaay

"dissapointed, in you i am" Says Yoda from behind the something.

"I'm sorry master Yoda" says Neonix as he turns around to follow Yoda and "accidently" puts his foot in on Yoda's foot.

Mods.....I think you might need your guns at the ready in a few posts time. BTW, dont bother boasting, because my PC kicks all your asses ;). And if you wanna find out the specs of my PC, get over to the system boasting thread in the swamp. Actually Gonk (or any other moderator), you could put all the boasting posts out of here and into the thread that is meant for boasting over in the swamp.

I actually might try to play it with the joystick......lol......actually, thats a bad thought. I remember playing JK for a short time with the joystick, but then I started to use the mouse, unfortunatly without realizing I started to use it inverted. But then when Max Payne came out I broke my habit of using it inverted and used it normally :D. So now I am ready for JK2 :D

It seems that anyone who had upgraded or bought a computer in the last 2 years can play this game, maybe with a graphics card upgrade. They seem to be reaching most audience. As for Linux Servers running the game, I think that the sales chart would determine whether or not a Linux Binary would be released; so the more people buy the game, the more there is a need for a dedicated and stable server for the Multiplayer game to run on. Also, from my understanding, quake III has always played better on Linux because Linux support OpenGL and other architectures the Quake engine needs (namely the c++ libraries) natively.

Actually I bought my comp 5 years ago and it's just a little bit under the min specs, which mean's I'll probably be able to play it single player, but not multi.

There's a difference between running the game and playing the game. I used to play JK1 single player on a P60, with 3d off, detail low and screensize 5. The game ran well, but I had no fun playing at all, because I couldn't see very well, everything wasnt clear but pixelated and awful.

This one is weak in the ways of the scavenger. If you can run it, you can play it. The one game that I've found that I could run but not play (at least not and have fun) was Ep. 1 (efore I had a 3D card). That ran at a frame every 1.5 secs or so, and I played through the first level of it before deciding it wasn't worth it.

Oh man. I wish system requirements would be more accurate.

I hate to break it to you folks, but even if it says min 350mhz and u have a 500mhz that still means nothing, in terms of fps and what res.

Obviously if ur using a sub 800mhz machine, with a gf1 and 128 megs of ram, you wont be able to run anything above 800x600 and no fsaa, no 32bit color and need to set all the details (like textures)to low.

Not too sound to cocky but please check out pricewatch.com and get an upgrade. More imprtant then mhz is ram. Make sure you have at least 256 megs of ram. You get that for under $50.

And use at least a Gf2. A voodoo 3500 wont run Jk2.

How much fun is it to run games in low-res, 16bit color and sub 30fps? Its not, thats for sure.

If you dont want to deal with huge upgrades (like motherboards swaps) then check your Mobo specs, see whats the max. mhz number is it can take. You can go from 500mhz to 800mhz and get 256 megs of ram for under $110.

Just a little bit advise. ;) I want everyone to enjoy the game just like i will.

I have 800mhz machine with a Geforce 2 Ti(will upgrade to Geforce 4 Ti 4200) and 384MB of RAM and 3d shooters run great

with all the features turned up to the max!!!;)

Watcha talkin about buzzfunk666 ????

Anyways, welcome to the forums :newbie:

Qel

Obviously if ur using a sub 800mhz machine, with a gf1 and 128 megs of ram, you wont be able to run anything above 800x600 and no fsaa, no 32bit color and need to set all the details (like textures)to low.

with 800mhz, 256 megs of ram and a crapy voodoo 3 quake 3 TA runs smooth on 1024x768 - high quality

So JO should run fine on this resolution with everything set on medium( i hope so ).

Originally posted by StarScrap

If you can run it, you can play it.

The one game that I've found that I could run but not play (at least not and have fun) was Ep. 1

nice way of contradicting urself.

And also nice way of agreeing with my point: You can run a game, but it won't always be playable as it was meant to be played=with lots of fun. :)

Worried SoF2 won't run on you PC? Well never fear, PlanetSoldier is here! We have compiled a set of specs which are most likely to be the actual game specs, so get upgrading!

Minimum Spec -

Pentium II 450 MHz, 128 MB RAM, TNT 16 MB Graphics Card.

Max Resolution: 640x480, Detail: Low

Middle Spec -

Pentium III 850 MHz, 128 MB RAM, GeForce 2 Graphics Card.

Max Resolution: 800x600, Detail: Medium

High Spec -

Pentium 4 1.5 GHz, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 3 Graphics Card.

Max Resolution: 1024x768, Detail: High

Max Spec -

Pentium 4 2 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Next Gen Graphics Card.

Max Resolution: 1280x1024, Detail: Max

-------------------

I would expect jk2 to be around the same as that since they both have the same poly count/texture res...

Archived