Home

Saber throw in NF?

Chodass

I imagine that nf sabers will be one of the first areas of MP to attract alot of players

I can see that it is already much improved over JK sabers

Will saber throw be available in nf sabers? Is it a secondary attack or a straight up force power?

It would add a whole new dimension to sabers. A long(er) range attack...

We might even get some saberists with aim that way

If it wasn't a force power, that would mean it wouldn't expend mana, which would mean it could unbalance the game, since you could use it over and over. Am I right?

Also, I would think that without force, the saber would just be thrown as you'd be throwing a spear, or if you "threw" a sword.. it wouldn't go very far and then just fall over.. clang. You'd have to walk over and physically retrieve it.

But then, in JK/MotS the "force" ability to block shots automatically (since no human could block that fast) didn't require mana and wasn't a force power.

Somehow I think it won't be usable in NF, for the same reasons as in MotS.

Blocking shots is considered to be a passive force power i believe and i have read that throw will also be a passive power?

It definitely has the potential for overuse

In nf it would be fairly easy to avoid players who are holding their saber and trying to slash you while repeatedly flinging your saber at them

I was thinking that it would be great for finishing someone off

which brings up another thing i was wondering about...

how much damage the saber will dish out per hit

I know that there will be the different stances and all, but i am interested to see which one will dominate play

I liked the 2 hit kills from JK

If you could get them once and then fling your saber and finish them off right afterwards i think it would make duels much more intense

You're right deathbolt, so far the trailers have shown blocking is much more of a thing in JK2 over JK. Like when Kyle runs at the storm trooper in the carbon freezing chamber thing, and he jumps blocking repeated shots. It'll be less kills, longer battles, more skill.

im not sure if i want longer battles, heh... a saber duel between two competitive players who really knew their stuff could last forever.. i remember one cwt final.. Narbes and Dangersun went at it for over an hour for a game to 3 if i recall correctly.. i think dangersun eventually forfeited.

If im not mistaken saber throw can be seen in action in at least one of the trailers, if it is a passive force power the onsreen mana wont be deplete and visa versa. So im gonna go and watch it to see if you can tell, i`ll get back to you soon with a (probably inconclusive) answer :D

it would be nice if, as well as vanilla FF and NF you had a list of powers and weapons with checkboxes, so you could exclude certain weapons or force powers from the game...

that way if any weapon or power proves annoying/unbalanced/unpopular among certain people it would be easy to exclude them, or make interesting combinations of weapons and powers...

skynet did that... it was really cool and easy to set up, shame i never found anyone to play with ;)

Archived