Home

Who would buy JK2 Action Figures?

JackTheGaffer

Would you buy JK2 Action figures?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy JK2 Action figures?

• Yes, I would buy them.
    • No, dolls are for girls.

Well, I have been a Star Wars collector for many years, I already have a Kyle Katarn figure (after looking long and hard for it!!!), and a Dark Trooper from the Expanded Universe line, one of the cooler figure lines they ever had IMO. I wouldn't mind having a Jan Ors figure, or a Moldy Crow accessory or anything although it's probably unlikely, I don't think Dark Forces will get the same kind of treatment Shadow's of the Empire did (which could be a blessing.)

Imagine ur shock if ur friend said to u:

"I'm going to go out and waste $20+ on chunks of useless plastic!"

chances r your response would be something akin to:

"What is wrong with you?? Are you insane?!?!?!?"

Now think about what action figures actually ARE ;):D

I don't know, I'm a helpless collector of Star Wars, and now I'm starting to collect the old G.I. Joes from the 80's, just a way to relive my childhood. Only difference is I keep them in the packages these days, and put them in a safe for, well... safe keeping :).

Originally posted by Zx2

Imagine ur shock if ur friend said to u:

"I'm going to go out and waste $20+ on chunks of useless plastic!"

chances r your response would be something akin to:

"What is wrong with you?? Are you insane?!?!?!?"

Now think about what action figures actually ARE ;):D

Waste eh? Last time I calculated my income, I WORKED for my money. Im gonna spend it on whatever the hell I want. Besides, most people above the age of 15 buy action figures for looks. And yeah, we are geeks if we have a desk full of them, but honestly I dont care. Its just like the black Civic I have sitting in my driveway that has all the cool additions to make it look good. Think I take them off and take them inside and act like Im a racecar driver and make loud engine noises?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm no geek and I still get a kick outa these things. I collected the original line of figures when I was a kid and I've kept them all these year just cuz they're neat to have. Buying the old ones now would seem a little silly.

As for new ones; yeah some of them are neat lookin. I usually look in the toy store now and then just to see what they came up with. On a few occasions, I've purchased some of the neat ones (usually with sabers) that are on closeout for $2 or $3. They make nice chotchkzies to sit around the office. (Yeah, obviously I do open them up not save them as a misguided investment.) I just wish you could get a little really hip and quality display to put them in that didn't look like a toy.

As for making select figures just for this audience; I don't know. The new figures at the retail prices they ask seems to target them to kids and real geeks who get mom & dad to buy them or snap them up so other geeks pay more for them. Who else would pay $6 and up for those things and in all the dumb varieties they come in?

Archived