Home

Will MY computer run JK2?

Temperamental

LOL I know the system requirements already... I was one of the first to post em on the massassi.net forums..

I was just asking because you guys probably know a lot more about computers than I do, therefore you can tell me what to expect from my computer's performance. IF it will run at all..

Because I have played games before on my old computer, (old junk heap) that had more than the requirements, and it would run slowly.. (no probs wit the computer).

Id say you need an upgrade. If you have an AGP-port Im pretty sure a graphics card would make the best effect. If youre on a low budget, I recommend a Geforce2MX400 w. 64Mb. If youve got more to spend, go for ATI8500LE but that would be total overkill in your current comp. The ATI board will be quite good for a couple of years. Any of the cards above will be held back by the CPU though. Buying a new PCI graphics gard is just a waste of money.

The official system requirements are a joke. The game is worth more than that. I dont have the latest HW but (usually) enough to get a good gameplay experience and not having to bother about too low resolution, choppy movement or low gfx quality settings.

I plan to run this game on: Amd Duron800@969, Geforce256@134/184 and 256Mb DDR.

I hope it will run OK, if it doesnt I will try to get a new gfx card before I play it. This game is worth it.

PS. I know that everybody doesnt have the money to buy new computer stuff all the time, I dont either. DS

My system sounds okay to play it

duron 800mhz TNT2 Ultra and 128mb ram with Win XP

U will be fine with that, medium settings maybe. However the Duron800 is easily overclocked to at least 900. That might not do a lot of difference in benchmarks such as 3DMark2k1 but ingame I think it feels a bit smoother. The advanced AI of JO will definitly take advantage of a little higher clock speeds.

Check your mobo manual and crank up that FSB, watch your temps. though.:p

Besides, overclocking is fun. :D See it as a game or challenge.

Disclaimer: If ya all ruin your computers beeing inspired by this post, I wont loose any sleep over it. Nor can I be held responsible. Its up to each and everyone to try. All Im saying is it can be done. :D

Overclocking can damage anything permanently. So if you dont know what your doing, you can waste however much money you put into that GF3. But if you really want to, I suggest http://www.icrontic.com

They have some things on overclocking there.

You will need a CPU thermometer program to monitor heat in the GUI of your OS. Outside of that, you'll need some hardware. Icrontic should have it somewhere. :)

Temperemental I suggest you upgrade. Upgrading your graphical card alone won't do you all the good that is needed. I had a 450 Celeron and I upgraded it to a Thunderbird 800 to play ef decently. That was with GF2 MX. I upgraded that one last month to a 1600+ XP to make sure that I am ready for the big boys like Unreal 2. I suggest you focus on a processor, motherboard upgrade. Duron 800 should do fine for the one who had it in this post, but Temperemental, I suggest you upgrade to a 1200+/1400+, they aren't that expensive anymore.

Originally posted by Temperamental

I believe it will, because I can play games like Max Payne. But I'll let you guys be the judges (I think I can get medium-low detail settings on JK2) :

AMD K6-2 550 MHZ Processor

256 MB RAM

16 MB Vid Card

20 GB HD

Windows 98 SE

If you have a few bucks to spend, I would put it into a new vid card ... I have a nice 64MB GF2 card in a 850 system and that runs RtCW on my 1280x1024 system at ~90FPS.

Archived