Home

Plane crashes in New York

Guest Kudar

Guest Master Yoda

I never liked planes before but now I will NEVER get one again. They've been falling out of the sky like flys. I feel sorry for the people on board and the people hit by it.

Guest Tie Guy

I heard about it this morning in school. It was simply engine failure/damage that cause the plane to crash, not terrorists.

The fact that it was so close to 9/11 is coincidence. If this happened any other year, then it would still have been trajic, but nothing too out of the ordinary.

I was supposed to be flying to Las Vegas next month for my birthday, :( the wife will never fly now, 'tis a shame.

at least it doesn't seem to be related to terrorism, just a freak accident at a very unfortunate time.

:(

I love planes. So does my dad. It's a family thing. The first time I was in the air was arond the age of 3. I moved to Germany back then. Around 6 I moved back to Canada (Winnipeg, Manitoba). and since my dad was in the army, I could get on soo many air planes.

The problem with plane crashes is that the media takes too much attention to it.

It's a fact, however I dont know the numbers. Air planes are save.

Just recently a Canadian newspaper had a journalist who entered an Air line with a **** load of knifes and sharp objects. To proove what? It didn't say in the article. She was just looking for trouble. At the same time she got 15 people fired. I hope she can't sleep.:mad:

The problem with plane crashes is that the media takes too much attention to it.

I understand that maybe they do, but this is not really a suprise, there are many people spouting statistics how you are safer in a car than you are in a plane - fact is that you don't buy a ticket for a car and travel with a couple of hundred other people every day, maybe more people die from car crashes, but the media makes a fuss with planes because

1) they are doing something unnatural by flying

and

2) when a plane crashes it's generally tens or hundreds of people involved instead of a few.

They media would pay the same attention to a 200 car pile up, or 6 buses crashing, it's all about perspective, and because it effects so many people at once and the sheer totality of the devastation, especially recently it's no wonder the media are scrutinising planes, we have the recent Concorde problems as well, so the entire aviation industry is very uneasy.

I can understand how you feel thinking that they pay to much attention, I often think the same, but if you take a step back you'll see it.

As for us not flying to America, it's not my choice and recent events would not have stopped me, as I said in another thread I'm not afraid of death, but my wife is not happy flying, and I could never forgive myself if something were to happen to her if I had made her fly to America with me. :( we'll give it until next year and let things calm down.

Guest Admiral Odin

The thing is though the media does blow things out of porportion. Also the do a lot of coverage when a small plane with a few people in it go down.

If not for Sept. 11 this wouldn't have been as big of a deal. Tragic yes but not scare everyone.

Archived