Home

tech news...

acdcfanbill

well, i have been waiting for Capt Rave to flood us with tech info for a while :D more specifically on the new Hammer processor from AMD, but it looks as if i have to do it.... go here for some info about it :DToms Hardware

The AMD-8000 series of chipsets is designed to be flexible and modular in order to deliver building blocks for PC manufacturers to produce advanced, high-performance desktop and mobile PCs, servers, and workstations. The chipsets will incorporate HyperTransport technology, which helps to diminish system bottlenecks, enable better efficiency, and increase throughput to improve overall system performance.

"We believe the AMD-8000 series of chipsets will represent a major breakthrough in system chipset design, and will fundamentally alter the way computers are made in the future," said Ed Ellett, vice president of Marketing for AMD's Computation Products Group. "To meet the high-bandwidth demands of current and future graphics and other I/O devices, computer architecture will need to evolve from the existing platform infrastructure. These chipsets are designed to be compatible with today's hardware components, and allow for a seamless transition to tomorrow's far more advanced, higher performance platforms."

from here:

AMD Zone

rave, i think your slipping :)

Archived