Home

I want to make some player models - suggestions?

Jedwahl

I'm currently working on a few player models for JO MP, and I'm interested in getting suggestions on the characters most desired by the community. I want to restrict myself to only Expanded Universe characters, though I might consider making cloned versions of popular Trilogy and Prequel characters (ie, "Daarth" Maul, "Maace" Windu, or "Oobi"-Wan Kenobi) :)

I'm close to finishing the meshes for Dash Rendar and Aurra Sing. Shall I presume that Thrawn, Mara, and Boba (he IS alive in EU, after all) should all be next? :)

From what I understand, character meshes can go as high as 3000 polies, which is what I'm aiming for, with LODs as well. Anyone know what the texture requirements are? I'll try to post some links to some pics over the weekend if anyone's interested.

An Amidala one...a lot of people at the Swamp would like that, a 'special edition' Amidala model would make them even happier ;)

Now seriously, a DT and a royal guard are great ideas

I'd like a phase 1 DT

Here is excerpt from Jedi Knotes #7:

The 2D artists began pumping out textures for the levels, compiling tile sets with an average texture size of 512x512 each (vs. 64x64 and 128x128 in the Quake II engine games). The 3D artists and animators put together the character and weapon models which weigh in at a hefty 3000 polygons for your average character in the highest LOD (levels of detail) and 1000 polygons for your average in-view weapon (500 polys if you're viewing the weapon in 3rd person mode).

Character skin pages were created at 1024 x 1024 to make them as realistic looking as possible. We used digital imaging for some of the human characters in the game as a basis for the model. Jan's face, for example, started out with one of our office manager's friends coming in for a photo shoot. The weapon skin pages were done at 1024x512 for the in-view models and 512x512 in third person, making them the most detailed weapons in any Raven game released to date.

I will definitely wanna see Mace Wíndu, Obi-Wan(AOTC) and Count Dooku. It will be strange if Raven doesn't already include Vader model, so in that case he is must.

Yoda - No explanation needed.

Ewoks - Not so we can kill them, but so someone can make a mod where you can throw rocks and hit with a stick. Heh heh.

Luke - Already in the game.

All other skins from movies - there that should help.

Archived