Home

Would you like Kyle to have a double-bladed lightsaber?

JediArs

Would you like Kyle to have a double-bladed lightsaber?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Kyle to have a double-bladed lightsaber?

• Double-bladed saber Darth Maul style
    • Two sabers at once
    • Whatever
    • Only single saber

Heh, I would much rather see an old fashion single bladed saber in single player. I remember whilst playing SBX single player, the dual blade sucked. This coming from someone that had skill with it.

Perhaps they could make it something like UT. I forget it's name, but they were extra options, like jump match, and instagib.

I was never big on the whole double bladed saber (or whatever you want to call it) fad. Seems like everyone and his mother wants to wield one, but I could care less. Was never a big fan of Maul anyway, I just like standard sabers.

Well, it's not the end-all, be-all, that's for sure, but I don't see why it shouldn't be included.

Really, there's no storyline or gameplay reason to leave it out, other than balance (which could be worked out) or a fear of Episode I-ish tie-ins (yet the whole Exar Kun thing was in the EU long before Episode I and it arguably was what inspired Maul to begin with) or most likely TIME.

The devs don't have TIME to add a new feature. Really they could hack one out pretty easily, just toss it in there with double damage, maybe make it slower, or somewhat rare (like you had to pickup the special doublesaber item to use).

If they wanted to do it "right" they could add another animation "stance" to use it, they already have three, what's one more?

But yeah, this is something I wouldn't mind seeing in the update/expansion. I mean nobody seriously thinks that by talking about it here that Raven will make it so that everyone in the game is forced to use one, right? ; )

Just another option.... I wouldn't use it all the time, but I'd definately use it if it were there!

Naw, no double sabers or doubled sabers for me, and besides double bladed lightsabers are very rare since the usage of it takes extra skill, your movements are rather limited since you've got two blades flying around you (plus an enemy blade heh), also you can't use regular staff fighting moves, you can't move your hand to a lower part like with a staff , since there's an all cutting blade in the way. Nor can you use all the moves that involve slamming part of the staff onto your torso to bounce it off again so you can launch attacks faster, once again thanks to the double blade. But anyways, just one regular saber for me please ^.^

I think the whole dual saber thing was to spice up Jedi fights and make them more exciting. I haven't met one person yet who said that the EPI fight wasn't the best. So naturally, people would want to use the dual saber if given the option. Oh yeah, and after watching EPII, which might have even better saber fights, people will want to use the two sabers as shown above in Anakins pic (thats cool!). Its just somehting to create and suite style for different people. Sure....some people will stay w/single saber no matter what. But hey, it's a liberal place and more choices means more fun and variety.:D:cool:

It would not nessecarily ruin the game like you all say and make it unbalanced becasue it doesn't have to have an effect. It could just be cool looking to watch and be cosmetic. You won't need to make a whole mod for it just a skin.

That would be heavily brain damaged.

< Episode I-ish tie-ins (yet the whole Exar Kun thing was in the EU long before Episode I and it arguably was what inspired Maul to begin with) >

Thanks, Kurgan...you took the words right out of my mouth (but please don't draw any conclusions related to the old Meat Loaf song!)

Light Batons (hell, I've heard them called more absurd things; might as well go with the flow) are rare, and quite expensive to make/maintain/buy. You'd need a totally different level of training to avoid becoming beside yourself, literally. Honestly, why do people set up all these completely absurd wish lists? Give a mouse a cookie....

BTW, absurd absurd absurd. There, filled my quota :)

Archived