Home

Ysalamiri

Jerol Seren

Yes, the news in regard to the rendition of Capture the Flag (CTF), known as Capture the Ysalimiri (CTY), is exciting. Hopefully Raven is capable of creating CTF/CTY with the depth that JK CTF had, but that remains to be seen, partly because they've avoided explaining CTF/CTY. PC Gamer saw this depth and was/is one of their main reasons for expressing such respect/love for Jedi Knight (PC Gamer quote regarding CTF can be found in the issue that had Jedi Knight II on the cover). They basically said that JK was one of the best games of all time and that CTF was especially good. Hopefully Raven hasn't ignored this fact and have really put alot of thought and hard work into CTF/CTY. If they haven't, we may be left with something as stale as EF CTF and Q3 CTF (CCTF was great, but regular CTF was horrid). I'm being optimistic, but hope that Raven has the talent to pull it off. Eye-candy and architecture are one thing...gameplay and depth are another.

welcome Jerol Seren

yep CTY will be interesting to play, not being able to use your powers while you escape and not being able to use them against the flag carrier...

how is it possible that someone has 0 posts btw?

Just testing to see if I'm still at 0 posts :p

Anyway...

I never actually played the multiplayer JK stuff...by the time I got into online gaming, JK was too out-dated to go back too. So getting to do some MP in a star wars world this time around with Jedi Outcast is gonna be a special treat. Did they say there would be some vehicles in this game? Maybe i'm thinking of a different one...

Welcome to the forums, Jerol - make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay here :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Jerol Seren

Just testing to see if I'm still at 0 posts :p

That's happened before, and should be fixed soon :)

Did they say there would be some vehicles in this game? Maybe I'm thinking of a different one...

Yep, they did :D - on Yavin, I think... I hope it's an AT-ST... *hopes*

now its been a long time. but i coulda sworn that in mots when you had the ysalamri that you couldnt use the force at all yet still took damage from other force players.

i could be wrong but i swear thats how it was. im gald to see that in this version not only can you not use the force but you cant be effected by it at all either.

now its been a long time. but i coulda sworn that in mots when you had the ysalamri that you couldnt use the force at all yet still took damage from other force players.

You didn't take damage from force powers will carrying the ysalamiri. I have vivid memories of snagging one just as two friends were pelting me with destructions. The destructions pettered out, then I got nailed with a concussion rifle instead :(

how is it possible that someone has 0 posts btw?

I don't think creating a thread counts as a post.

Archived