Home

Sabers, Sabers, Sabers?

Endo'Cun

Well so far we've seen evidence that Kyle's lightsaber can be used one or two handed (but two handed standard). The reborns (easy bad guys) use a two handed grip as well. There will not be any double bladed sabers upon release, but you can well expect it in a mod soon after. Check up on JK2's MOD central hosted site. You will find a link to it on jk2.net's main page. It's run by Roger.

lol Justus! But who hasn't picked up on that anyway? I mean, what possessed Kyle to get a lightsaber that big. "Do you think he's compensating for something?" Sorry admins...it slipped. :rolleyes: The reborn's saber handles aren't that long though, so maybe there is a reason for Kyle's elongated handle...but I doubt it. Probably there were a bunch of Raven guys sitting around a room and one said "How can we make Kyle's lightsaber look cool?" All at the same time three guys said "Grooves", "buttons", and "switches!" They decided they would put them all in.

As far as the batsaber, that's been dismissed as moot now that it's already been fixed. As far as the lightsaber handle, I think it looks quite cool. It's probably longer so it looks better when he does cool moves with it. It's easier for the animators to make him twirl it etc. And with lightsaber handles, "it looks cool" is a viable excuse. It would be awesome if you could switch it off and smack a stormtrooper in the back of the head. But I'm guessing if you try to attack with it, he ignites it as he swings. I have no problems with Kyle's handle. Matter of fact, it's kind of a cross between Old Obi-Wan's lightsaber and Young Obi-Wan's lightsaber. I think it's one of the coolest lightsabers I've seen, actually. I'm sure the women also go crazy when they hear he has a 24" lightsaber.

I agree with your color list except for the silver... silver? pfft

drop the silver and put in orange.

Then that list is good.

But yes a huge pallete where everyone could have slightly different shades of blue or green or red or whatever would be neat.

just so long as nobody can use a "black saber"

ugh

Still? when did we get any indication that we'd be able to choose from hilts? the only thing I've seen on it was the comment from the Raven chat which seemed to say that we DON'T get to.

I certainly think that would be cool if they included it, but I'm not going to be too upset if they don't, and I *am* going to be quite surprised if they do.

I think I know why his sabre hilt is that long. Think about it, he's a jedi outcast. He doesn't act the same way that other jedis. Why would his sabre hilt be used for just holding the blade. I bet that when you get the sabre your stun baton goes away and Kyle uses the hilt instend

:D

Archived