Home

Batsaber: overrated

Eternity

After watching the new video, I would have to say our fears about the batsaber were very overrated. That's the problem when large masses don't have much footage: we get whacked out about small, trivial things. :)

In my opinion, when we can really see JK2 in action, it seems like a perfectly normal and perfectly intergrated feature. I wouldn't give it a seconds thought; and as a Ravn employee once said:

It looks cool!

They bounce, but to me, I don't think unrealistic, I think, awesome!

Do you guys feel the same, or the same hostile feelings?

Guest Krayt Tion

The batsaber as gone the way of the Jedi at the time of A New Hope. It's barely even there. I have little or no beef with that issue anymore.

Personally, I like the Batsaber Throw of Doom. It kind of goes with the effect of the throw.

I agree. :D It also looks cool seeing that your opponents stand still momentarily, after you have hit him, before falling down. It kinda reminds me of film Seven Samurai by Akira Kurosawa(one of the favorite movies of Lucas BTW) and one particular scene where this villain comes out of the house where he has keepen a little baby as hostage, stands still while all villagers look at him amazed and then falls down in slow motion; only after that we see that Samurai who dressed himself as a munk before entering the house, comes out and throws down villain's sword which is bloody(if I do remember correctly). :D

What is this batsaber I keep seeing? Is it some kind of weird term that later generations of zoners made up for something in JK that some of us old-timers never picked up because we left? Is it some kind of zone lingo for something you saw in the videos? If so, I can understand that, because I haven't been able to watch any of the videos at all. :( Wrong codec, can't fix that for some wacked up reason, I've tried all the help I could get.

It refers to weird effect we saw in earlier trailers where opponents get knocked back(sometimes to the other side of the room) when Kyle hits them with saber. However, ChangKhan confirmed that it was present only in older build of the game and they have now removed it from SP, but he wasn't sure yet, if saber still does that in MP.

Over rated? maybe you mean over blown.

Many people seem to just be really ignoring what ChangKhan said in bullheadedly insisting on keeping on talking about this batsaber thing like it was still a factor.

It does not seem to be.

Now, if a thrown saber does a little bit of knock back in SP... then that's fine with me. I mean, you can kind of justify it then.

It seems clear that just normally slashing someone with saber in SP or MP does not send them flying at all, ever... that's the most important thing.

However, ChangKhan confirmed that it was present only in older build of the game and they have now removed it from SP, but he wasn't sure yet, if saber still does that in MP.

When was this confirmed? I must have missed it, somehow. :(

Anyway, I think the Throw of Doom rulz.

Archived