Home

Can someone make me an avatar?

Is there anyone who is good at making avatars, because if there is I would like to put in a request of its not too much trouble. If you could make Thrawn's head kind of 3D looking with his eye's glowing that would be awesome. :thrawn: (Please don't make it weird cartoony) If any one has any info about this just pm me. Thanks! :D

The one you have kicks ass! Why change?

BTW The only person that I know of is Young David, but he gets kind of cranky when you ask him to make you something ;)

Originally posted by Kvan

BTW The only person that I know of is Young David, but he gets kind of cranky when you ask him to make you something ;)

I'm not getting cranky ... I AM NOT GETTING CRANKY !!!!!!

;)

But like Kvan would say. I am currently too busy for that. By the way, I don't make 3d things, only 2d

Originally posted by Kvan

The reason I have to change is as follows. I was first surfing around the site a few days ago, and I saw some neat avatars. Thinking I would not be returning to this site anyway I figured it'd be ok to copy them. I was going to use them for AIM, but it didn't work. Then when I joined the forum, I needed a neat avatar. I looked all around and couldn't find a single site with one that would fit (too much or too big :(). So I was going to not have one, but then I remembered the ones I had downloaded! I checked it out and the one that I couldn't find anyone using on the site was the TIE pilot. So I used him. However, someone named "evader99" pmed me saying that that avatar was his and he had it custom made. I pmed him back asking if he'd like me to stop using it and he hasn't responded. :( What should I do? I don't want to be in trouble! :ball:

BTW YD a 2D avatar would be just fine, if you've got any extra time. ;)

I thought your avatar was taken from a SW video game...

If thats the case I say use it! He didn't make it, he took it from a game!

Originally posted by darthfergie

I did it!!!! I did the impossible!!! I converted a gif that was 99x99 pixels to 70x70 pixels and the result is my new avatar!!!!:D

What program did you use?

Originally posted by Wraith 5

Hey guys i use a linux box and have a program called gimp.

I sized my pix down in under 5 minutes.

LINUX'S RULES!!!!

You don't exactly have all that many animations in yours thats why mine took long (plus I had to fingure out what I was doing:D )

I've heard of Linux before. I didn't think they had a demo version.

darth linux is an orperation system.

and you are right their is now demo version for one good reason....

IT IS FREE!!!!! All you have to do is go to http://www.redhat.com/apps/download/ and click on ftp.redhat.com. and download the latest version (7.1)

Be warned there are 2 files you will need (seawolf-i386-disc1.iso, seawolf-i386-disc2.iso) and they are very big, and will take a very long time if you are doing it over a modem.

Linux is an operating system (like windows)... not just a program, and it's free ...

Don't exept Linux to be as user-friendly as Windows and Mac-OS. The main upsides of Linux are that it's free and stable.

I myself didn't like Linux very much. It goes against anything I every got used to in Windows and DOS.

Oh, and by the way ... if you download Linux ... you probably have to burn it on a CD before you can install it. Cause most Linux distrubutions install from a bootable CD-ROM.

Originally posted by Young David

Linux is an operating system (like windows)... not just a program, and it's free ...

Don't exept Linux to be as user-friendly as Windows and Mac-OS. The main upsides of Linux are that it's free and stable.

I myself didn't like Linux very much. It goes against anything I every got used to in Windows and DOS.

Oh, and by the way ... if you download Linux ... you probably have to burn it on a CD before you can install it. Cause most Linux distrubutions install from a bootable CD-ROM.

I saw what it does... to much if you ask me. Plus I have to consider everyone else in my family. A new program is fine a new operation system is a bit much. I might get it someday in the future but not now.

Originally posted by Wraith 5

I would say that if you are useing a computer just for the games, or you arenew to computers don't use linux!!!

Linux is built mainly for IT people and programs.

My computer is dual boot, so i have both windows and linux installed.

What are you running?

sorry Thrawn, had a really bad day when I sent that PM

you can use this avatar, if you want. I had a friend who took it from Force Commander, took him a lot of time and some game "credits"

did know that the avatar list was like that, but oh well. I guess its public now anyway.

Archived