Home

LEC preorder inquiry

JSM

Hey fellahs,

After finding out the release date last night, i emailed LEC company store and asked when we could expect to see the game in the mail. Here's what they said:

Thank you for your inquiry

The game will be shipped the day of release and arrive a few days later.

Best regards,

Sara

LucasArts Company Store

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore

I think i'll cancel my order and purchase at best buy:)

Later

JSM

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I preordered from ebgames. If I see it on store shelves before it arrives at my house, I'll buy it, and return the one from ebgames to the store with the store recipt when it arrives. This is what I did when Red Faction came out for PC. The copy I recieved in the mail was no different than the one I bought at Best Buy, so they had no idea I wasn't returning the one I bought from them. Plus, the online retailer was $10 cheaper than Best Buy, so I got that money back!

If you chose to do this, don't blame me if it doesn't work. Personally, if the worst case scenario is paying an extra $40 to get JK2 a few days earlier, its worth it. But chances are very good that this will work.

I did the 10 dollars down reserve at Software Etc. here in my city (AKA Babbages, just like EB) and I called them today and what they said is that the 28th is the ship date, the 29th is when they'll have it.

He was impressed with Raven/LucasArts for writing the date that way. He said usually they mislead people by saying the ship date, but this time they said it with when it will ARRIVE in mind.

I think going through a place like that is the best possible way to go about it.

So I'll have my Collector's Edition on the 29th. For sure.

I got the same reply and i think i'll cancel my order too. dumb LEC, don't they know PREORDERNIG is so you get it on time. If they were going to do that they could of said. RESERVE your copy, not PREORDER. :mad:

anywho, i think i will wait untill i see my Best Buy paper in 2 weeks and see if they have it it in there. If they do, then i'll cancel my order with LEC if not, i'm going to keep mine. b/c for some reason stores by my house sometimes don't get games ontime.....

Preordering gives them more profit per copy as they avoid the channel cost. When you think about it logically, they need to ship a few days before the 29th to stores, so they might ship a few days early to pre-orders. *However*, their contractual commitment is to the retailers, not us. So it depends on how their buildup rate of inventory compares to the preorders from everywhere ... what's left will likely go out. It is also likely somewhat of a liability issue - if they promise that we will have the game at our house by the 29th, they can get in trouble. Instead they just guarantee a ship-by date. That allows them to meet all commitments.

Personally, I'm counting on getting it as a birthday gift, and am almost certain my wife pre-ordered ... :D

Pre-ordering in store at EB is the way to go.

It is faster and you will get it when it comes out on March 29th.

I've had many online pre-ordering nightmares with EB before. Like not getting the game till a few days after.

However with in store pre-ordering and pick-up - you get it right away.

Originally posted by Qel

LEC will ship the preorder on the same time theys ship it to the

stores...I got my Galactic Battlegrounds pre-order the same time the stores got it...:)

Qel

Perhaps, but you will have to wait a couple days to get the game.

If you did it in store, you wouldn't.

I know the pre-orders don't immediately appear at the doorstep...

It depends on the shipping options u choose and where u live...If

the in-store date says 29th MARCH...then u will get it in that week...u also have to remember that 29th is a Friday...if u don't get it on that day u will either get it on Saturday if u are lucky or

u might have to wait till Monday to get it!!!

I've noticed ebgames is faster with their shipping...it takes around

a day and a 1/2 to 2 days for their 2 day shipping to arrive.

Qel

I order the standard version from LEC with free shipping for my friend and ordered the collectors edition from ebgames with free shipping for me...so we will see which arrives first...;)

About UPS taking about 3 days...thats sounds about right!!!:D

Qel

Archived