Home

Would you download it?

L3onheart

Would you download the JO ISO off the net until you'd get your legal copy?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would you download the JO ISO off the net until you'd get your legal copy?

• Hell yeah!!
    • Nop, not by a mile!
    • Warez sux0rs!

Originally posted by Necro

i would...BUT this would be AFTER i would have ordered it AND while i wait for it to arrive, make no mistake i would only download because i'd be so eager to play.

That's been my point all along! People tend to steer away from the subject. I asked if you'd download it AFTER you had ordered it so you could play WHILE YOU WAIT for it to arrive.

I never intended to say if you'd download it and before or never buy it.

Seriously you guys, everyone knows the problem is far greater....

It's a fact that most people in the world really have much more non-registered programs in their pcs than registered ones, being i one of them.

But the bright side (the light side!) of all this cracking and hacking stuff is that only games that captivate the true hearts of all of you are really going to go from the box to the PC.

And it's like evolution! natural selection is what we are doing here!

it seems like madness for some to copy a game instead of buying it... but how about in third world countries like mine? the prices are really off the chart.

But i'll tell you guys something, only one game have i ever bought legally, and it was from lucasarts, because i love this company.

Answer: I am going to sell my underwear, but i will buy Jedi Outcast! i mean, what i want to have is the pretty box on my shelf, the artfull CD (s?) and (i hope!) a big shiny manual.

In terms, to worship lucasarts!:fett:

I think a lot of you are missing the point. By the sheer fact that we are at a forum dedicated to the game 2 weeks before it comes out shows that we are all planning on buying it. Raven and Lucas Arts pretty much already have our money guaranteed. Even if someone here did download it, it probably needs a Cd-Key, and even if it doesn't, they probably are going to be buying it anyway. Raven and LA wouldn't be losing money on our sales, because we're buying it anyway. Of course that's probably just a rashionalization, but oh well...

So yes, if it was on the internet today, I would download it. Of course, I definately would still buy the game, but the idea of playing this game today is just too tempting. Now the people that warez it, then get fake cd-keys to play it are just theives.

Isn't the whole idea of a DEMO to DEMONSTRATE / Make a preview?

Kinda dumb to release the demo after the public release and yes i would download it if i saw it but would it matter if i've already ordered it?

Basically just what NothingMan said, well said my humble fellow fwiend!

I would resist, and I know I would resist. Because I have resisted all warez for several years. I used to pirate games when I was very little but, for many many years I have decided not to out of respect for the game companies. And I figure the PC Game Industry is not the kind of super secure industry that can take all kinds of stuff like this going on, I wouldn't want to feel responsible for the toppling of it!

Plus I really like to collect the boxes, etc... but hey i'm kind of straying into the trap others have and talking about buying vs. not buying when the question was buying for sure, but download first? and no... the answer is still no for me. I think it would just ruin the newness and coolness when it does come out. I think my feeling of guilt would tarnish my enjoyment of it while I was playing.

I passed on offers to get the WarCraft 3 demo... and many other warezed games, I have avoided... even though I have a good connection and could get them in a reasonable span of time, because I am distrustful of pirates and cheaters and the whole lot of them, it's a big slimey nest of 13 year olds with no respect for anything but the matrix and dragon ball z, and the only contact I want to have with them is on the other end of my saber.

There ya have it.

Guest Krayt Tion

It takes a serious lack of common sense to brag about pirating a game on a message board patrolled by the makers of this game. That's right, the people whose livelyhood depends on how well their games sell.

Raven's games usually sell quite well, so I'm not saying they are hurting, but at the same time you might well be spitting in their face. The developers of Jedi Outcast took their time to post here and also listen to us, something they by no means had to do. You reward them by saying you aren't going to pay for their game, whether you buy it eventually or not.

This isn't going to fly. We don't support piracy on this site, much less of an LEC game.

We enjoy heated debates here @ the jediknightii.net forums, so feel free to start a new thread on the ethics of stealing software in our off-topic forum, Yoda's Swamp.

This thead will be closed.

Krayt's right.. regardless of how you may personally feel about "warez" the rule here is that we don't let people post links or info on how to pirate commercial games, much less LEC games.

And this type of discussion is really out of line because the game just got finished and the developers regularly come here, so out of respect for them, and because of our site policy, these types of threads will be deleted/locked without warning. These forums will NOT turn into a warez-trading jungle.

Anybody who posts a link to a warez site or FTP may risk being banned, fair warning.

PS: I am kind of glad that for those of us who actually plan to buy the game, we won't have to listen to people bragging about playing the game illegally over the 'net. ; )

Kurgan

Archived