Home

Would you download it?

L3onheart

Would you download the JO ISO off the net until you'd get your legal copy?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Would you download the JO ISO off the net until you'd get your legal copy?

• Hell yeah!!
    • Nop, not by a mile!
    • Warez sux0rs!

Note: Any future discussions like this thread will be closed/deleted without warning in the future. Our site does not promote the use of "warez" or pirating of LucasArts games.

So i got from a very reliable source that JO will be around the net on ******. Yeah you know what i mean.

My question is, would you get it if you were given a chance to, so you could have it until your pre-order would arrive.

Yeah, i pre-ordered the game and I don't think I would download it off the net till my pre-order would arrive here.

How about you?

At the moement i have pre-ordered Jedi Outcast. If i happened to come accross a place to donload it....i would be very very tempted. But...no.....i wouldn't, be tempted...yeah, but i'd be able to wait, after all, theres plenty of other stuff to do before the games released.

Normally for any other game I would download it before it came (of course, I'd buy it the instant it was on store shelves, I always buy ANY game I download). But, for Jedi Outcast, no way. As someone before me said, I have way too much respect for this series and for LucasArts (and Raven) to download their games. Plus, multiplayer wouldn't work, and I wouldn't be able to miss out on that, would I? On top of all that, I want the collectors edition.

I'd be very tempted to d/l it but I just put a $10 deposit for JKO at EB last night so that I will have a copy of the 29th. BTW....the guy at EB said that they would have it on the 28th! I really want the book to JKO and if I have a legal copy, then I don't have to worry about fighting for some key code that a million other ppl have and only one of the codes can be on at one time. Like the others have said...it's only two weeks now and if you did d/l it and played if for two weeks, it won't be that great to go ahead and purchase something that you already have! I would hold off so that you not only respect Raven but yourself too. Your doing yourself a disservice too.

I dont think this is very appropriate...

It doesn't set a very good example. The fact that Raven come here and look at out posts and here you are effectively saying "would you pirate their software?" would it not annoy you?

wardz

Warez are a touchy subject. While I never download them, I have in the past. I also have burns of games that I've gotten from friends. I also spend an assload of money buying games. There are games that I play alot that I'm glad I didn't pay for, additionaly there are also a number of games that I feel completely justified in spending $40 or $50 on. With my current connection, if I attempted to download an ISO of JK2, the game would be out by the time I was finished.

I used to work for a game company located in the D/FW area which I'm not going to name. I will say that 90% of game developers really slam warez publically but they never pay for a damn game either. When Deus Ex came out, I bought a copy. I took to work to install on my machine and I didn't see the game for two f'ing days after that because it circulated through the office and just about everyone there got a burn.

James

Originally posted by Genetic Misfire

Warez are a touchy subject. While I never download them, I have in the past. I also have burns of games that I've gotten from friends. I also spend an assload of money buying games. There are games that I play alot that I'm glad I didn't pay for, additionaly there are also a number of games that I feel completely justified in spending $40 or $50 on. With my current connection, if I attempted to download an ISO of JK2, the game would be out by the time I was finished.

I used to work for a game company located in the D/FW area which I'm not going to name. I will say that 90% of game developers really slam warez publically but they never pay for a damn game either. When Deus Ex came out, I bought a copy. I took to work to install on my machine and I didn't see the game for two f'ing days after that because it circulated through the office and just about everyone there got a burn.

James

Rofl.. sorry about your Deus Ex CD :)

Two problems arise here.. One: Game Developers probably dont care if you warez another company's games.. they just will hate if you warez their games. Two: The main problem with this download-then-buy policy is that different people have different opinions on games and some people will undoubtedly hate JKII and wont buy it but they will download it. On the other side, you have the 'softcore' warezer who Downloads then buys the game. (Thats not a slam by the way, just a stereo-type. Your 'hardcore' bunch will download anything they please and not pay a damn dime.)

Forums Juggernaut

If you can't wait two more weeks then your self control is pathetic. Warez it illegal and everyone knows it.. To cheat a company out of money because you just had to have it is a poor excuse.

I find it amusing that so many people get so frenzied and bash those who say they do warez, and I find it amusing that almost none of you would say yes when asked if you would warez it; but the reality is, I think most of you have empty promises. I can guarantee that a lot of you would't be able to stand it. What's more, I coud predict that you would tell yourself you would buy a legal copy when it comes out, but when the time rolls around, the will will waver again. Why pay 40 bucks, when you have already gone substantially into the game and have an illegal CD-Key?

This is the problem with those who use warez as a temporary measure.

Me, the only game I have ever, ever got an illegal copy of was Half-Life. And I didn't play multi-player to punish myself for it.

I'm not saying this was right, just that a lot of you have to be more honest with themselves...

Archived