Home

jedi outcast translation

Guest LorD

Ehi lorD!!! are you italian??? i'm!!!

in english: :mad:

as far as the translation, I hope just that it comes translate in

Italian, why otherwise for who English does not know, the game would be truly orribile and incomprensibile. Pedro, I am Italian and have RTCW in Italian: I assure to you that the quality between the English version and that Italian is equal!

-------------------------------------------

in italiano: :mad:

per quanto riguarda la traduzione, spero proprio che venga tradotto in italiano, perchè altrimenti per chi non conosce l'inglese, il gioco sarebbe veramente orribile e incomprensibile. Pedro, io sono italiano e ho RTCW in italiano: ti assicuro che la qualità tra la versione inglese e quella italiana è uguale!

..::KTR_Anto::..

I thought it was cool the way it was done in Elite Force (options for English and German in both subtitles and audio dubbing).

However my German isn't very good, so I can't say how accurate the translations were (me: remembers many bad english translated video games of the past). ; p

Translated games shouldn't exist. It makes people of the exposed countries to stick to much to their native tounge and ignore the widespread english. In times where EU and FN and whatever affects every country, people need to be able to communicate in an orderly fashion. Translators can never, ever give the full meaning of what the first person said, if it's the tone of the voice or the expretions of the face it becomes much easier to missinterprate people.

Back to the topic I have to say that we in Sweden are quite lucky. The only really big game that has been translated was Black & White and you could easily get the english version free of charge if you just sent in your swedish cd to EA.

Originally posted by Anto86

Pedro, I am Italian and have RTCW in Italian: I assure to you that the quality between the English version and that Italian is equal!

"Don't get excited"

Alright I'll correct myself, look at MOST of the dubbed things out there. There are always a few exceptions where the dub is good. But better than the original, that I've never seen before.

Chinese people translate SW very very bad....

I am a CHinese SW fan, but never like the translate of Fox.tw.....they are too bad!!!!

the only translate SW game we ever get is SWGB, and it's too, badly translate....

JO will be translate too...hope they don't do it bad this time...

Originally posted by Kurgan

I thought it was cool the way it was done in Elite Force (options for English and German in both subtitles and audio dubbing).

However my German isn't very good, so I can't say how accurate the translations were (me: remembers many bad english translated video games of the past). ; p

I agree: It would be cool to have both languages on the CD, but unfortunately ... :(

Well, the German translation of Elite Force was... well, it was ok, but not good. Remember Tuvok saying "direct hit - phaser had no dicernable effect" (or so) in the intro? Well, in German it was something like "direct hit - phaser had no dicernable hit" :eek:

Translated games shouldn't exist. It makes people of the exposed countries to stick to much to their native tounge and ignore the widespread english.

Among all most stupid single statements I have heard in the past week, this one surely ranks in the top places..

Well, sometimes the translations are bad, very bad but in my country(Spain) the SW games(the latset ones) usually have good translations.

JK and MOTS are better in English (i got them), and i dont mind having a game in english because i understand it, and i learn pronunciaton with them. But we have to think in the people that doesnt' understand english....

Well, furthermore, in my country the Phantom Menace was far better than the english version (i heard it as was awful in comparison) because ALL VOICES WHERE FORM THE TRANSLATORS IN THE MOVIE!!!! and Indiana Jones and the infernal machine too, and racer (i know Anakin, watto and jar jar had their voices).... and maybe Mark Hamill doesn't speak Luke's lines in JO but, maybe in Spain the guy who translated him will do!

Originally posted by Anto86

Ehi lorD!!! are you italian??? i'm!!!

in english: :mad:

as far as the translation, I hope just that it comes translate in

Italian, why otherwise for who English does not know, the game would be truly orribile and incomprensibile. Pedro, I am Italian and have RTCW in Italian: I assure to you that the quality between the English version and that Italian is equal!

-------------------------------------------

in italiano: :mad:

per quanto riguarda la traduzione, spero proprio che venga tradotto in italiano, perchè altrimenti per chi non conosce l'inglese, il gioco sarebbe veramente orribile e incomprensibile. Pedro, io sono italiano e ho RTCW in italiano: ti assicuro che la qualità tra la versione inglese e quella italiana è uguale!

..::KTR_Anto::..

I don't know Italian, but the Spanish version of RtCW was FUBAR. It would be nice if it were like MoH:AA, where the users could hack their own translations. This is almost always better than when the software developers try to do it.

to SabrePro:

Yes, and they are not going to release it in March 29....they are "translate" it and we have to wait until the end of April or May.......

The SW just translate "REALLY" bad in Taiwan...the Fox.tw is very very bad, like "Lightsaber" -> "light-energy sword", .......

I hope JK2 will stay in English, such as Dark Forces, JK and Mots.

I'm from Germany and I like my Lunguage, but in english Star War sounds better, I know this I have all thE SW games some of them in english the other on German, also the SW movies in English are better. look what did they made for the synchronisation of the True Love teaster and the Epi2 Trailer :(

Archived