Home

Sniper

acgreen

I was watching the trailer for the hundreth time and realized that in the first multiplayer scene a guy gets sniped. So I started wondering, what weapon in JKO would be able to snipe people? I haven't heard of a sniper gun in JKO... Also, would it be good or not? Would it add to the MP gameplay? I don't know...

BTW, take a look at it in frame 5 of :32...

AC

the (Tenloss I think) Disruptor rifle...

from zone page:

Disruptor (4)

Description: A brutal weapon, the DXR-6 Disruptor destroys at the molecular level. The shot reaches the target instantaneously, making it the most accurate pinpoint weapon available.

Primary: Single-shot, low rate of fire, instant attack.

Secondary: Press the Secondary Fire button to activate the scope. The longer you hold down the button, the further the scope zooms in. Hold down the Primary Fire button to prepare a shot.

Originally posted by hahadude

I dont know if i like that scope very much. The center of it is just an empty circle which makes me think that it will be hard to hit people with it in MP. It will also be harder to pinpoint without a specific point in the center.

Which makes sense...

In RtCW the mauser sniper rifle didn't have a center in the scope because if it did people would own. Instead, the had half-crosshairs.

Originally posted by DaAan

he uses the scope on one of the blasters

either the

Tenloss Disruptor Rifle or

E-11 Blaster Rifle

There's no way that shoot he is talking about is from a stormtrooper rifle

It's the disruptor

I figure it will be like in MotS... the sniper bolt is pretty dang hard to avoid, but if you're stupid and fire directly at the person's saber blade (boom!).

I wonder though.. will a reflected disruptor shot disintegrate the shooter? That'd be hilarious!

Anyway, I remember early on the devs said that only ONE weapon would have a zoom built into it, and that was revealed to be the Disruptor. You can use the binocs to zoom anytime, but you can't fire while they are zoomed.

With the seeing power you were able to evade sniper rifle fire!

But if there is only one sniper rifle (that be the disruptor) and it somehow has instant impact, how on earth (or where you from) can you dodge it?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Neonix

With the seeing power you were able to evade sniper rifle fire!

But if there is only one sniper rifle (that be the disruptor) and it somehow has instant impact, how on earth (or where you from) can you dodge it?

:rolleyes:

You can see where the weapon is pointed and time it? Heh this is the Force we're talking about..

Archived