Home

Roger

mariners2001

Hey,

I read on JK Mod Central that you recently attended the JK2 Launch Party. It must've been great seeing the game in action. :eek: You said "It's all good..." on your site, but is it possible to emphasize more on what you saw and possibly answer some of our many questions about the game (ex. bat sabers, force powers, enemy AI, saber combat) and possibly give your own little review?

What d'ya say guys, a little encouragement for the man?! :D

If not, we'll understand, I'll have the game in my grasps in no time....

Thanks for reading JOMC, mariners2001

I was thinking about writing a review, but I feel that I didn't play long enough to really know what the game is all about and to be able to write a good review (plus there's the fact that I'm not a good writer...).

I can tell you though that it definately has a JK 1 feel to it (to me anyways). The model animations are perfect, force powers impressive and the levels BIG! I didn't notice the batsaber effect, so I guess that's a good thing. The enemy AI is really cool. Stormtroopers running away from you, or hiding behind something. Or when you made some noise outside, they'll be waiting for you behind a door, on their knee, arms ready. There was one level on Bespin where some security guards fight along with you, pretty cool. The weapons are really nice too, nice effects, good weapon animations, you know the drill...

So that's what I meant with: "It's all good..."

That's really all I can tell... If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them...

:cool:

Nah you can tell more, such as:

- Did you notice if you can fully customise saber color for MP (like 24 million different colors, or are stuck to say, ten presets (red, blue, green etc...)

- Did you see any saber duels? if so, were the fights looking more like hit fights or miss fights...

explanation: hit fights is like the moveis, almost every swing they make is parried by the opponent, miss fights are like, almost every swing only hits air, and sometimes one swing is blocked or someone dies...

(i prefer hit fights :) )

just, TELL US lol :D how long did you get to see the game (did you get to PLAY it? omg bastard)

we love you ;)

I edited it Tomcat.

I can recall picking the saber color... I think it's pre-set, so no infinite amount of colors.

The saber fights were kind of tricky. The one I had in single player rocked, definately a hit fight. The ones I had in multiplayer were another story. I think Brett Tosti (producer for LucasArts) turned the bots on some kind of "highest difficulty" setting to mess around with us. So for me it was miss, but for the bots it was hit fighting...

Another thing about the bots, I don't know if someone already told you about this, but each bot model has his/her own character. So one bot model might be more soldier like (like the stormtrooper and rebel trooper) while the reborn and Luke are more Jedi like (so they will use the saber more often)...

good that im not going insane then (i already was)

Sounds good man :)

So, you played multiplayer, did you get an idea if the force powers are balanced? Or was it too short for that? I mean, could you just use grip and get the enemy all the time or not?

ALso, yeah i heard about character a bit, a bit different but also interesting in that matter is that Changkhan said in another thread:

"There are 3 player-usable saber animation sets, distinct from each other, then 2 more that are used by certain NPC characters only (for a total of 5)."

So the NPCs have two saber stances of their own as well it seems... We'll need a mod which allows us to use them...

Did you get a look at all the multiplayer models? No Fett, no Vader?

Leia? Solo?

Thanks for anwering man, i really appreciate such things!

No vader model ? :eek:

I know there will be user made BF and Vader really soon, but I would have liked official models from characters out of the timeline. I mean c'mon it's Darth Vader! How many people out there think they are going to play online as Vader? (not me, but I know there are many)

Well, I think it's no fun to be Darth Vader...

There can only be one Darth Vader...

It's a lot cooler (IMHO) to create your own skin or use a more generic skin to be part of a team...

Belgirion, it's actually Roger as Roger in French... but the people over here (in the US) have a hard time pronouncing that... so I changed it to Roger as in Roger Roger (battle droid)...

Hey, Roger. Thanks for answering our questions. Did you get to use force speed in SP? Is it "slo-mo" like we heard?

Also, if you don't want to write a review, what are the three best things and the three worst things about JK2?

Thanks.

At least this will help time pass for JK2's release...:D

I did see someone else use force speed in SP and I'm not going to comment on it... you have to see for yourself, I don't want to spoil things ;)

The three best things (from what I saw):

- the character animations

- the models

- the levels

(remember, I didn't play that much of the game, I didn't want to spoil it for myself)

The three worst things:

- didn't get to play the whole game

- there was no LAN for multiplayer

- the bread was kinda dry

:D

Archived