But what the hell is this?!

Is this a real picture or is it fake?

That is truly cool, however...

This was found on this site:

http://www.jedioutcastth.de/

Can anyone translate the article that

accompanies this pic on the main page?

I can't believe there's beheading!

I'd think for sure it'd be a "M" rating for that!

Oh well.

jo%20kopf%20ab.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a screenshot that was featured in a german Magazine (PC Action).

I don't know if it's real or not (I think it is) but the guy from the website (MarcusZ) is talking about the fact that players in Germany won't see this "limb slicing and dicing" in the German version of the game, because blood and gore is not allowed in any video game in Germany...

Crap-tastic-BabelFish translation:

http://www.jedioutcastth.de/

(previous news post)

As I in the forum had recieved, have the new PC Action

already a test of the finished version in petto. Thus Jedi Knight 2

was evaluated:

- Control: Very good

- Diagram: 88%

- Sound: 93%

- Multi-player: 90%

- Single player: 91%

Also it is said that in the German version no parts of the body can be reduced. And in the newspaper a Screenshot is to be angelich, where Kyle the heading is down-fallen ;)

If one can take these specification for full, one will also be able to say the fact that Jedi Outcast is better than new Wolfenstein and helped very Half Life herranreicht!

(the actual update itself)

As I had already reported, the new PC is Action beside a test finished version also still another Screenshot in, which shows, Kyle the heading drops. Owing to CorranHorn ausm forum, can regard you to it now this Screenshot times, and considers the fact that sowas never in the German version to see it.

[screenshot]

Thanks to CorranHorn for the screenshot!

So if the screenshot is indeed real (it appears to be, though the quality is indeed poor), and from the "final version" (not some early beta before it was removed) it sounds like the author is saying that the German version had this feature removed. That makes one wonder if it is in other versions...

That screenshot looks like a scan, from the magazine they mention ("PC Action"?). Interesting to say the least...

If it's in there, I hope lightning shoots out of his neck, and that the killer absorbs his power....

to the best of my ability heres what i translated:

As I had already reported, the new PC is Action neven a test of the finished version also still another Screenshot in, which shows, how Kyle the heading drop. **time-out** owing to CorranHorn it sowas never in the Deutchen version see konnt

I think it says Never in the German version will you see anything like this.

It's Photoshop work for sure. :)

There are many places where the picture doesn't make sense...

kopfphoto.jpg

Enlarge the picture if you need to, ClanPages doesn't let me upload anything >100k so...sorry

3.jpg

Yes I'm bored and yes I can't wait....arrrgghh!! :)

AHAHahAH!! LOL. that babel fish is funny.

As for your analysis the head aint taken from that picture, Its easy to tell. Asfor the saber They tend to look like that in some screens, cut off sort of, thats because u freese a part of an moving saber and it looks wrong cause its part of the animation(wich are ment to see in motion hehe).

I´ll try to translate in manualy, im swedish but I´ll give it a try.

ok, time to put that german I learned 6 years ago in school to use:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

we have a good looking screen, thats in the new PC ACTION magazine in a test of the FULL version, in the new screenshot we see Kyle with his head off.

roughly last part: Thanx to blabla wont see in german version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the CORRECT transation, forget about babblefish lol =)

To tell you the truth, it looks like all of the chars were implanted. Kyle doesnt really seem to fit with the rest of the textures if you ask me. If you look at his right foot it doesnt realy fit the suroundings very well. The char models look extremly high res compaired to the textures of the map. Then the whole picture was glazed over with the fuz to hide alot of the coverup, or printed out then scaned to do the same.

The picture is REAL, I cant explain the floating stormtrooper.

My translation should be 95% accurate, and it says its a SCREENSHOT taken from a TEST of the FULL version of the game.

probably just before it went officialy gold.

Originally posted by Lorewin

The picture is REAL, I cant explain the floating stormtrooper.

My translation should be 95% accurate, and it says its a SCREENSHOT taken from a TEST of the FULL version of the game.

probably just before it went officialy gold.

If it's real...there must be some content lock...that you will able to change.....Gore and no gore....?

the lighting on Kyle's head doesn't fit... it looks like Kyle's head is photoshopped in.

On the other hand, there's a little smoke above Kyle's neck, which is what you see when a saber hits something.

I think this is an early build and we won't see this in the final game... Not in the US, not in Germany...

If that screenshot was faked, it was done by someone who had the actual game.

-The "rest" of the lightsaber is obviously in the stormtrooper's neck.

-The angle of Kyle's severed head cannot be found in any screenshot.

-The angle of Kyle's body and the position in which he's standing look very limp (true to a death animation) and is also consistant with what we have seen of death animations in the trailer. I have not seen them in any screenshot to date and they were nowhere near that clear or from that angle in the trailer.

- The "What is this" that you have circled appears to be the arm of a dead enemy, likely an imperial officer, which has plenty of business being there as enemies who are dead rarely stand up.

-The "levitating trooper" could be standing on something black that's obscured by the fuzz of the picture. What's more likely is that there is some minor glitch happening as he's taking the lightsaber in the neck and he's hopping up a little bit. We know the Q3 engine isn't perfect.

-The sparks and smoke seen coming from Kyle's neck stump are spot-on consistant with what we've seen from the trailers.

-Those blast points are too accurate for sand people. Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise.

I conclude from this that if it was faked, the shots were actually taken from the final game and used to fake the shot. There is also no point in doing this, since it came from a german publication which has no reason to give false information. My opinion is that this shot is real. ChangKhan has been around lately, maybe he'll drop by this thread and confirm or deny it if you change the subject to make it interesting to him.

Guest Apparition

It was stated in a hands-on preview somewhere that levitating stormtroopers happened several times. Apparently it's a common clipping problem in Q3.

Archived