Home

Mara Jade or Jan Ors voice?

CorranHornjr

man i was just imaging what kyle would sound like saying the line from one of the pictures: "I'm not a jedi, I'm just a guy with a lightsaber" man is that going to be sweet if the voice throughout is going to sound as much as a mercenary as it does now.

by the way does anyone else get a server's busy page alot?

i cant wait to have a whole game full of dialogue like that...it will be sweet...btw, anyone know if LA is goign to release mp3s of the musical scores (as they did in force commander / GB) that was fun having the imp rage mix playing in the cd...heh..

Score cues are already compressed into mp3 format, when they come with a game CD. At least I understood so after reading Jedi Knotes #5, so just copy them from CD and there you go. :)

You could likely get the music of the game from the CD once it's released.

The Q3A engine works by putting a bunch of its files into *.pak files which can be opened with WinZip. All you have to do is go through the *.pak files and look for anything ending with *.mp3.

I've been able to get an extensive collection of music from American McGee's Alice and Medal of Honour: Allied Assault this way.

You just might have to be careful. Apparently the sound guys really like their music highquality, I've seen some of the mp3s at 256kbs instead of the usual 128.

But that's nothing a little bit of re-encoding can fix.

-Caster

I completely agree about the voices. When I first heard the sound clip, I thought instantly that Jan Ors voice sounded a lot like Mara's from MOTS. Also, Kyle's does seem more gravelly, and Mon Mothma's voice is absolutely perfect, as if it was the actress from the movie. Now I know Lando's voice will be spot on, simply because Billy Dee Williams is voicing him. I guess the only question is whether they will have picked a good voice for Luke.

Btw, does anyone agree with me that they picked terrible voices for TPM the game?

Btw, does anyone agree with me that they picked terrible voices for TPM the game?

I think those voices were quite good. Especially James Warwick who did voiceover for Qui-Gon(also in Jedi Power Battles and Galactic Battlegrounds), and Scott Cleverdon was much, MUCH better and closer to Ewan as Obi-Wan(also in Jedi Power Battles) than Lewis Macleod(Galactic Battlegrounds) or Erik Betts(Obi-Wan).

Mon Mothma reminds me of the woman M from the new James Bond movies. :)

You mean Judi Dench? Great actress, but way too expensive. BTW, original actress(Caroline Blakiston) who played Mon Mothma in RotJ is still alive and only a little over year older than Judi...

listening to the mon mothma, i know i may be alone on this, but it doesn't feel the same as i remember from the movie. i mean it is a great voice, it perfectly personifies what mon mothma is, a kinda high power administrator person, but in the movie she sounded less energetic. i know that sounds strange considering that the voice isn't energetic. but in rotj she sounded kinda down and depressed. maybe it was because of the situation she was in (i'd be a little depressed too if a bunch of people died to get plans for a super weapon that was going to destroy a good part of the universe i liked, not a good time to be happy) all in all, i'm just trying to say the voice doesn't remind of the woman's personality from rotj, but it is really good at giving off an atitude fit for mon mothma

Archived