Buy a X-Box? Whats it like?

Guest Master Yoda

Whats is the X-Box like to play?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Whats is the X-Box like to play?

• Its WAY awesome!!
    • Its pretty good.
    • its ok.
    • Wish I had bought a different console!!
    • WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!!!!

Guest Master Yoda

hehe I could have told you that. The controller is the Xbox's biggest down fall, I personally dont want to paly for hours with something that uncomfortable.

alright im a JAWA... hehe:D

Guest Kioet Csuhen
Originally posted by darthfergie

Graphics good...controller...TRASH!!!

The thing ways ten pounds more than a PS2 controller. AND It feels horrible...

well, that's understandable, cause you're a jawa.

My opinions:

1. Size and Controller: To big and heavy! The Controller is really big and uncofortable. (It fell out of my hands!)

Also,I like to take my console system with me when I go on vacation or to a friends house, but the Xbox is like taking your computer or a DVD player!

2. Buit-in stuff: The hard drive thing is cool. You can save your progess and update your game data with it but when I bring a game to a friends house I like to have a m. card to save my data.

3. Games: I really liked Halo and Dead or Alive 3 but that is it. I wish they made Halo for PC and DOA 3 for GC.

Bottom Line-

Xbox is ok. Don't it though.

GET GC!

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Kioet Csuhen

oh please, are u all so weak u can't hold a controller?

Its not that we are weak, but if you've ever held one, you would notice that it is nearly impossible to get a good grip on it, and thus hard to hold it for an extended amount of time.

I never felt how heavy itwas, teh only one i played was connected to a little kiosk at wal-mart.

Guest Hannibal

I was thinking about buying one in the new year. But I said the same thing about the PS2 last year.

Im waiting for the Nintendo Game Octagon.

Guest Kioet Csuhen
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Its not that we are weak, but if you've ever held one, you would notice that it is nearly impossible to get a good grip on it, and thus hard to hold it for an extended amount of time.

I never felt how heavy itwas, teh only one i played was connected to a little kiosk at wal-mart.

most people sit down while they play. So you'd be holding the controller near your lap, and wouldn't notice the difference. Depends on your hand size too i guess. I remember the sharkpad 64, dang..i was like WTF this thing is so freakin big i can't hold it!!! and then i got used to it, tried playing on the regular n64 gamepad and was like this controller's for 10 years olds!!!!!

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Tie Guy is right, the controller is worse than the Dreamcast ones and the buttons are in wierd places

Originally posted by Link Antilles

My opinions:

1. Size and Controller: To big and heavy! The Controller is really big and uncofortable. (It fell out of my hands!)

The controller is bad...BUT you can go out and buy a different version of it that is both lighter and more cofortable

Also,I like to take my console system with me when I go on vacation or to a friends house, but the Xbox is like taking your computer or a DVD player!

not really...with your comp. you have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, joystick, gamepad, speakers, large case, broadband unit, and maybe even external CD-R drives...

With X-Box...system and controllers and if you want...a TV...

2. Buit-in stuff: The hard drive thing is cool. You can save your progess and update your game data with it but when I bring a game to a friends house I like to have a m. card to save my data.

For your infomation...you CAN buy a Memory pack that holds (at the start) 8mb of space!!! Compared to the GameCube's 4mb memory card (at start)

3. Games: I really liked Halo and Dead or Alive 3 and NFL Fever and Madden 2002 and Max Payne and SW Obi One and Project Gotham... but that is it. I wish they made Halo for PC and DOA 3 for GC.

you must ask yourself...What does GC have coming out this year? Luigi's Mansion(70%), Super Monkey Ball(83%), Wave Race(87%), ROGUE LEADER(93%), Super Smash Bros Melee(???)

Really just consider this...in the system battle between the GameCube and the X-Box the best games that are showing up

GameCube=Rogue Leader and Super Smash Bros. Melee

X-Box=Halo and Dead or Alive 3

If you like FPS games go with X-Box...

If you like Simulation (Rogue) and Adventure gaming go with GameCube...

Bottom Line-

Xbox is ok. Don't it though.

Do what you want...this one is a toss up

Who want to hold something that HEAVY for hours on end! No, weakness isn't the problem. Comfort is! Plus, I always want to take my console w/ me when I go to my cousins, or sometimes if I got to a friends house. GC weighs like nothing! THAT is sweet! Also, the controller for GC is totally awesome. Someone made the comment earlier: It melts in your hands. . . gc.gif!!!

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Thrawn

Also, the controller for GC is totally awesome. Someone made the comment earlier: It melts in your hands. . .

Notice how the GC controller looks ALOT more like the PS2 controller than hte N64 one did. The buttons are different, but the shape is very similar.

Archived