Home

Penny Arcade!

Ron1jed

http://www.pennyarcade.com

read the main page. He is right man. There should be alot better multiplayer. His idea is pretty dam good. To have different classes and only certin number of jedi on each time.

That would be so dam cool. Think about it. Your a strom trooper attacking the snow base and you turn the coner and BAM there is a jedi coming at you with his saber. LOL of course you run back and lure him back to your squad of strom troopers and blow his ass up with rockets. MUAHAHAHAH

when is the map editor coming out so we can start making maps

If I wanted classes, I'd play wolfenstein but as this is not wolf, I do not want classes. Yeah I would say that limiting the force users to the Jedi archtypes is fine with me but as I have also seen, one jedi whipping around with a saber and force powers can seriously own many non-force users..those stuck with regular weapons.

No matter how good you make a game, someone is always going to complain and say how it should be better. Raven and Activision already planned for this and thus are heavily supporting the mod community, I mean, take a look at the MP menu, there is ALREADY a button for mods! They will be releasing the SDK and such, so no need to worry. You want something added, odds are in a few weeks or months, you'll find it or something close to it already being made.

That is actually a very good read. My guess as to why there are no true team-based multiplayer levels has to do with the time frame JKII was developed in. It took something like 14 months to push the game out, so I'm assuming great MP will be left up to the MOD community.

Just wait for mods. Someone is going to come out with a Class based, mission based game. Think about it, Counter-Strike is completely made by fans, Day of Defeat is completely made by fans, Wizard Wars is completely made by fans (all HL mods), TFC probably set off those mods, but the thing about it is that great things can be done in mods. It'll take a while, but we'll get great multiplayer, with classes, missions etc. Not that the dueling right now isn't fun (on a LAN...). With all the force powers, and such, class based gameplay can be fairly deep. Think about mods like the Super Star Wars mod for MotS. If someone makes the levels, the classes would be relatively easy to do...

To add my 5c to this, I think that the current multiplayer aspect is ok, but only deathmatch wise. This is a pity because most of JO focused heavily on the story aspect and made it really immersive. So then, to put in an aspect like this is kind of a pity. I mean, granted, some people WILL enjoy it, but those who loved the SP most likely won't enjoy the MP a whole lot. Give the modders a few months, I say :)

Archived