Home

Double Bladed Saber a reality?

GonkH8er

Toshiya from Raven posted this in the Maul Skin Thread

Yes. It would sure be something if there happened to be a double saber easter egg in multiplayer or something!

^_^

and then a few posts later, this was posted...

(Image removed by zX)

Anyone know anything about it? found it? can confirm it?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by pinkpanther718

Why would a Raven person say something like that? They tend to not put ideas in our heads unless there have a good reason.

Yes..... all those in favour of kidnapping changkahn and interrogating him say aye.

Alright, really, it's nothing to get too excited about. It does exist and it's just a silly cheat (meaning, works only on servers with cheats enabled) I whipped up one afternoon in about 15 minutes. I thought it might be nice to toy around with, and just to look at, because it's pretty.

So there's that. As for actually activating it, if I said then no one would have the fun of trying to track it down. And that's what hidden surprises are all about! ^_^

I just forced it out of Toshiya....

It's real :)

here's what he said

Alright, it is indeed a cheat. It of course only works when the server has cheats enabled, and it's just a simple buggy thing I whipped up in like 15 minutes one afternoon after work because I thought it would be nice to play around with.

As to how it's activated.. I leave that to everyone else to figure out. ^_^

(edit-Gonk- no personal attacks ron. that was uncalled for. it may very well collide and do damage. you dont know that and neither do we, so he has every right to propose the idea. calm down)

the guy JUST said it was something that he whipped up in 15 mintues and not put in the game. I'm sure the other blade wont' do any damage.

I don't know, but I'd bet money that all the double-saber "cheat" is is a different model for the default saber - meaning it looks different, but the other end has no collision code or anything. I'm sure it took the Raven guys long enough just to get the basic saber working OK...

:D if you bothered to look at the raven faq thing they put out they say how to active cheats. here is what it said.

2. How do I enable the cheats in Jedi Outcast?

Bring down the console and type "HelpUsObi 1" (minus the quotes/it is case sensitive) and press ENTER. This is the Quake III

equivalent of sv_cheats 1, which doesn't work in Jedi Outcast. You can also type devmap <mapname> to load a specific map

and have the cheats enabled once the map loads.

I'm no genius in the codes or anything.. But if you think there is no collision code or whatever would the modding community beable to tweak it so it would work?

I have no idea but it's just a question...

:jango:

Archived