Home

Gungans swimming

Guest Sir Michael

Originally posted by Sir Michael

I think it would be cool if gungans could jump in the water and swim.

Only if they could be drowned ;)

Actually that would be interesting, seeing a whole bunch of Gungans swimming to your base....

Guest Boba Rhett

Hello Sir Michael. Welcome to the GB boards. :) You should be recieving your giftbasket shortly. ;)

I think it would be cool if they would have a limited amount of time they could swim and if they went over that time, they drown. :D

i think it would be cool for gungans to swim. but wouldn't that kind of be unfair if there's no way of killing them underwater? if they have that ability, there has to be a way of shooting them down, otherwise it's kind of unfair. i like your suggestion boba, maybe have them come up for air and then swim again so that it eats up time.

Guest Boba Rhett

Maybe there could be some kind of electrocution weapon were you set water probes on boths sides of a body of water and when something is detected swiming across the lines created by the two probes, it sends an electrical surge into the water. It could also be a double edged sword by also being able to damage units standing by the water. :)

*Hands Kvan a gift basket*

Hey! I want a gift basket too! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH! *sniff, sniff :(* Where's mine?! :mad: P.S. Take out any choclate covered cherries please (I hate those things).

Anyway, I think it would be great if Gungans could swim, but not the grunts just a special unit or something. And boats should be able to his him easily so he'd need to use stealthy tactics. :D

Originally posted by thrawn12786

Hey! I want a gift basket too! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH! *sniff, sniff :(* Where's mine?! :mad: P.S. Take out any choclate covered cherries please (I hate those things).

Anyway, I think it would be great if Gungans could swim, but not the grunts just a special unit or something. And boats should be able to his him easily so he'd need to use stealthy tactics. :D

Thanks Rhett! *Shares his basket with thrawn, but only the Choco cherries* ;)

If only a special unit can swim isn't that just like the boats they have already? ME, personally would say just the grunts should swim.

Guest dvader07

I think that it would be cool if they could swim, but to keep it balanced, maybe they could swim above the water like the tanya unit in RA2 and when they are swimming, they have fewer hp and are easier to kill. Then you could give the other units and towers, etc. the ability to fire at them while in the water. This would make it so that the gungans would be taking quite a risk just sending a swimming army right up to your front doorstep. They would have to be sneaky using this.:bdroid1:

Guest Tie Guy

And they shouldn't be able to attack boats or anything in the water, if they can swim. Also, if they swim they should be able to be shot at with lasers in the water, even though that sounds wierd, and maybe they would have lower defenses in the water, and couldn't attack right awawy when they got out.

Guest dvader07

If you think along those lines, then anyone should be able to swim. If you really want to get into the movies, then the jedi should be able to swim using those cool breathing aparatus that both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had in TPM.

Guest xwing guy

when the TF said they would go down a get the gungans what they probably did was use an amphibpus MTT that sent there troops down there into the underwater cities.

Guest dvader07

I wasn't saying that everyone should be allowed to swim, I was just saying that if you follow the logic of, "hey they were able to in the movies." then everyone should be able to swim. I personally agree that it should be limited greatly, if included at all. The upgrade idea isn't a bad one. It would have to cost a lot though cause a swimming cloaked jedi would be one dangerous little guy. Then again, a cloaked jedi period is going to be a dangerous guy.

Guest Tie Guy

Ok, if the Gungans can swim, the wookiee troops should be able to walk through the trees, but they would walk slowly and all.

Now, what could the other civs have?

Archived