Do you have a GC?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a GC?

• Yes.
    • No and I'm not getting it.
    • No, but I'm going to get it.
    • No, I might get it.

Guest Master Yoda

When its for the GameCube it is GOOD!! I had mine pre-ordered over a month before the GameCube launch. IT IS AWESOME!!! I have SSBM coming on Dec. 9!!

The gamecube is 199 or 200 bucks. VERY CHEAP. But im still short on cash.

:bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2: :bdroid2:

Guest Tie Guy

I finally played it today at Best Buy. they had RL on. I must say that i was impressed with RL, but i think that the controller could be a little better. The d-pad is awfully small, and the buttons are kinda in a wierd position. The z-button is hard to push quickly, as is the y. And i couldn't figure out how to fire the ion cannons on the y-wing! :mad:

Overall it was good, though i still like the ps2 better.

Originally posted by raptor_dude

I want to get an X-Box. It doesn't have a big controller.

The X-box has the heaviest controller I've ever used...I wouldn't get the Microsoft controller version...get a secondary dealer's controller because the biggest downside to the X-box is it's controller...

Guest Kioet Csuhen

i played rogue leader....the demo part, it was boring. i'm sick of going up against death stars. the graphics were nice tho, and i liked controlling the pilot in the hangar. :D

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Tie Guy

I finally played it today at Best Buy. they had RL on. I must say that i was impressed with RL, but i think that the controller could be a little better. The d-pad is awfully small, and the buttons are kinda in a wierd position. The z-button is hard to push quickly, as is the y. And i couldn't figure out how to fire the ion cannons on the y-wing! :mad:

I have to disagree with you on some points you've made there. The button placement is an improvement over the standard cross-shaped placement. It's more intuitive - I had no problems picking the controller up for the first time when playing RL. The Y button worked fine on the controlled I used, however it is true that the Z button is weird. The dpad is microscopic, but RL uses it in a great way.

Gamecube rules, but I'm renting Xbox this weekend to try Halo with a friend in coop!

PS: By the way, Tie Guy, you have to hold the B button down to fire the ION cannons...

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

I have to disagree with you on some points you've made there. The button placement is an improvement over the standard cross-shaped placement. It's more intuitive - I had no problems picking the controller up for the first time when playing RL. The Y button worked fine on the controlled I used, however it is true that the Z button is weird. The dpad is microscopic, but RL uses it in a great way.

Gamecube rules, but I'm renting Xbox this weekend to try Halo with a friend in coop!

PS: By the way, Tie Guy, you have to hold the B button down to fire the ION cannons...

Well, maybe its just me, but i didn't find pressing the y-button all that easy if you had to do it, as well as something else too. However, you didn't use it much anyways.

Oh, and the d-pad is used exactly like Starfighter uses it, for wingman commands. Its quite a nice system.

Overall, i think they controller has much improved, especially in how it feels. But thats really only because it is alot more similar to the ps2 one.

Guest Kioet Csuhen

ok 4get everything EVERYTHING i said about rogue leader. finally got a REAL chance to play it at best buy (kinda), and i was really getting into it until my dad needed me for something. heh. i love the high scores screen, they have movie clips it's so cool!!!

not that i'm going to get it, i'd sooner get a $50 dreamcast and jedi power battles and whatever other sw games are for it. :p

Archived