Home

New Luke skin....

Graphicsgod

Do you like this skin?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this skin?

• Man that skin rocks!!
    • Dude, I could do a better skin in Paintbrush.

Yep, was off from work yesterday and had a few hours to play around with Ravens new game. Skinning in JO is MUCH MUCH easier than skinning in SOF2. So that means I can do a few more skins with little or no headache ;). So after a few hours of playing with it, we now have Luke Skywalker from ROTJ. It's not perfect, but it will do ;). Please all comments are welcome! Let me know what you like/dislike. I will also do the first clothes you see Luke in ROTJ, later on.

Click Here

The third image is of my current work area. Since I'm basicly finished with the skin. I'm going back to my SOF2 skinning. Would be finished with that by now if it was easier to skin a SOF2 model!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey that is a pretty rockin skin! I definately think that someone should make a mod so that we can choose all skins for bots as any new skins we add at the moment can not be picked for bot match . But that is a nice effort!

i am waiting for a ben obi wan skin! :)

Well it's back up. Not sure what happened.

Working on another ver. of that skin should be done soon. Took and hour break. Going back to work...

Should I release one big pack file with all the Luke skins or just a few per pack file at a time?

DOESN'T ANYONE EVEN BRIEFLY GLANCE AT THE ERROR MESSAGES ANYMORE?

Your site is down because you're using a lame host and you exceeded your bandwidth limit after sharing the URL on such a popular forum as this one.

Whoops! Now it works... The skin is nice, but i dont have time to put any new in jk2 until there is something really new... 4example, who has time to look at lukes hand in the fast action?

I found a darth vader model somewhere, and when i have time, i might post a pic here. I really havent tested it yet, so I dont know what it looks like. Darn, if its a good one!

I am very dissapointed, that Raven did not make those so-much-waited models, like darth vader and maul themselves, and if they will, they'll be in a mission disc...=(

I forgot how gay anglefire is. ;)

If anyone remembers playing Dark Forces II about as much as I had back in the day, (my first game that I spent hours and hours on besides Doom 2 and the Space Quests... heh) there was a skin patch called BFP 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0. (BFP stood for big f*ckin patch). It was an AWESOME compileation of skins for JK: DF2. Think we can get a bunch of our custom skins and put it all in a huge exe .zip for n00bs like me when it comes to modding? ;) I think it'd be a great idea to follow in the footsteps of a classic.

First of all, nice work. =)

Second: can you have a little mercy on us modem users?

Your thumbnail graphics are not thumbnails. They are the actuall 150-200k graphics, resized via HTML commands. Thus, viewers have to download the full sized graphic even though all they see is the small one.

I tried to go to your site, but it took a tremendous amount of time to load. Normally, I access the net via a T1 and would not even notice. However, I moved recently, and our new T1 will not be installed for a couple weeks. Thus, I am seeing things from a modem users perspective =).

If you are going to post a thumbnail, just use a graphics program to actually shrink the graphic. A graphic the size of the ones on your page would probably be something like 7k instead of ~200k.

Also, do you have a direct link to the skin itself so one can simply download the skin?

Thanks.

What tools should i use to make skins/models for JO?

I have made some skins for Half-life, but thats a whole different ball-game and i cant use the same tools.

Any help is appreciated.

...I think it's funny you chose to do this skin...I was starting work on a Shadows of the Empire version of Luke...and I was going to try and incorperate the Rodian/Beedo vest....I think that numerous versions of all the favorite Star Wars characters could be made easily with alot of existing textures found in the game...like using the Bespin Cop's holster would be cool for a Han Solo model (recoloring Galak's pants too)....or Mon Mothma would be a cool model to make a Depa Bilaba skin...the Rebel could be made into a death star trooper using the bits of the black imperial officer skin that's in game...my main test, though, has been trying to convert the second jedi skin that was shown in the Yavin Jedi Academy (when you watch the students training)...but I'll probably have to wait (or collaborate with someone) til I can either figure out ModView...or the Raven development pack comes out...: (

Archived