Home

Post your desktop!

TheJackal_jk2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Boba Rhett

That seems to be a common trait among programmers. I wonder why. :confused:

Well, there's that and that there also highly amused by tropical fish screensavers. :D

Originally posted by TheJackal

Oh. I didn't know you guys couldn't add an attachment file. Come to think of it, it does make sence that you "low lifes" can't upload anything to the server or some will upload allmost anything and waste the space.

I think we need to add horns to your avatar, Jackal!

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

That seems to be a common trait among programmers. I wonder why. :confused:

Well, there's that and that there also highly amused by tropical fish screensavers. :D

ROFLMAO!! My friend Cillo changed his tropical fish background to the plain blue one he posted... and he programs in his free time :D

Hehehe...Cillo, did you try to show as little as your desktop, as possible? :D

{EDIT What I mean is your desktop has very little on it. Very few icons, no programs by the clock. It's real bare}

Hehehe...Cillo, did you try to show as little as your desktop, as possible?

Could you please reformulate this ? I really don't understand whan you mean...:(

Very creative Chillo, really

Why don't you have many icons either?

As I said, I like simplicity and if I have more icons, this means less free RAM... I have 128 Mb RAM and 256 soon but that does not matter, the less RAM used, the less bugs in RA2...

Seriously it's just that I'm crazy, it's an obsession I have, ask Sherack... I use 4 Gb of my 20 Gb hard drive and I don't keep any MP3 file because it wastes my hard drive space.

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Cillo Kwi'ley

As I said, I like simplicity and if I have more icons, this means less free RAM... I have 128 Mb RAM and 256 soon but that does not matter, the less RAM used, the less bugs in RA2...

Seriously it's just that I'm crazy, it's an obsession I have, ask Sherack... I use 4 Gb of my 20 Gb hard drive and I don't keep any MP3 file because it wastes my hard drive space.

It's true! It's damn true!! He even deleted small text files of about 3k to save space!! Hell, just today, he told me that he disabled the "login automatically" option of this board so that the cookie won't waste his space :eek:

His little brother's favourite hobby is to waste space with useless demos, so that enrages him :D

Guest Tie Guy

Yep, your definately OCD :D My friend is too, he can't stand for anything to be out of order or not in it's place on his computer.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

OCD? j/k

Anyways, do you play RA2 alot, that is my favorite rts game to date.

I played a LOT but now I've played so much that I play only like 2 games a day. BTW If you wanna play with me my WOL account is ckwiley.

But what's OCD ? Could it be something like Obsessive Compusive Disease ? I'm sorry I only had about 7 years to learn english in a french speaking environment so I don't know this kinda thing.

Hell, just today, he told me that he disabled the "login automatically" option of this board so that the cookie won't waste his space

I was joking about the space cookies use but I DO delete them... because... oh no... could it be ?... AAAHHHHHHH !!

Guest Tie Guy

OCD- Obessive Compulsion Disorder.

I was really just joking. My friend says that i have ADD (attention deficet disorder) so i tell him he has OCD. :D

I wouldn't want to appear worse than I really am.

I get rid of my cookies because if I wait too much I'm gonna end up with 1000 of them. I don't use much of my hard drive space because I already had an almost full hard drive and it slows down the computer dramatically. I don't keep any useless files like MP3s for the same reason. I just want to feel that my computer is clean and in order.

Guest Sherack Nhar
Originally posted by Cillo Kwi'ley

I wouldn't want to appear worse than I really am.

But you are that bad :D

You can have a clean computer without having to delete "useless" files (MP3s are NOT useless :) ), just create additional directories to store them.

Aww, why do I keep on telling him that... he'll never listen ;)

Originally posted by Tie Guy

You could compress your hard drive if you are really that worried about it, or have you already done that?

ARE YOU CRAZY ?!

I would decrease the performance !

I know it's not one more Gb on 20 that's gonna make a diffrence... Sherack's ONCE AGAIN exaggerating, he's well-known for that.

I'm just in the line of thought that anything useless should not be kept.

Anyway we talked about this enough. This thread was originally meant to post your desktop so I'll let the others post theirs... unless we already destroyed this thread... I'm sorry TheJackal...

I know this isn't related to the rest of my post, neither to this forum but Tie Guy, you said that RA2 was your favorite RTS. Are you interested in playing against Master Cillo ? Everyone on WOL are either rushers or newbies... I need an opponent of quality !

Archived