Home

My !!NEW and IMPROVED!! Ben Kenobi skin!

Absath

Well, due to the mixed response i got about that last skin, and having never been one to admit defeat, i went back to the drawing board. I have produced a new obi-wan skin which feel better captures his likeness. please let me know what you think, and wether this is an improvement or a step backwards.

http://photos.netclubs.com/live/photos/photocenter/o/j/k/0/k0hd3qn56k74h2hnjv43jecb9g/BenKenobi%282%29.jpg

i am now in discussion with a nice guy who runs a star wars gaming site. he has unlimited bandwith and is willing to put aside a portion of the site for my skins. as soon as they're up somewhere to download, the URL will be posted on this board.

I believe there are no models yet for the same reason there are no maps, they can't be made. Everyone is still waiting on the tools for putting their stuff into the game. But then again, I really don't know anything about the topic and just heard some disgruntled modeler say something to that effect.

The only comment on the skin I have is the blue/greenish beard.

Otherwise it looks good.

DxParry

ok first of all, before you guys throw critisicm, get your facts straight. models cannot be made yet because Raven has not released the SDK. so until they do, us skinners have to make do with the current models. you may find it "lame" but i havent seen you produce jack ****. we're the ones expanding this game.

evan-thats not lukes model. you need to get your eyes checked. and models arent crap without skins to go over them so dont go spouting "skinning is past, models are where its at"

emon- cartoony? that is alec guinness' face on the model, cut straight from his portrait. guess you dont know much about skinning and how it ends up on models.

biohazard- you arent going to get any robed jedi until the sdk comes out.

sheesh i guess ill keep these posts to the editors forums. i thought id try and get some general feedback here, but you guys dont really know what you're talking about.

The body is good, and the face is fine, but honostly it doesn't look anything like `ol Ben, which is something you really can't be blamed for since you can't create a fresh model for him. For me skins were never very great to begin with when used with the same models :/ I hope they release the SDK soon so talented guys like yourself can make more accurate characters :fett:

Archived