Home

Was the "mirror" at the end....

Wesman

actually transparent or reflective? mine was just this "off white" and im beginnign to think that some of the shots outside windows, like the deathstar are messed up too... all i see is white outside the window...

Your PC must be jacked. I thought it was an awesome effect, not sure how they did it. I could see my reflection, but the envirnment behind me wasn't reflected, it was like a new hallway. Also I could see Desann or an image of him there too... freaky.

Far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with using the old or new drivers, the speed of your card of machine, or anything else. I tried updating my drivers; I tried using the older NVIDIA reference drivers, I tried 32 bit, 16 bit, high, low quality on everything. Then I found a post on here today suggesting setting the fastsky option in the CFG file to "0" instead of "1". It now works fine. I knew it had to be some config problem, as the skies worked perfectly well until I tried to use the tech support advice to set the options to "fastest"...at which point I got that off-white.

Oh, and incidentally, I'm pretty sure it's actually reflective. I've seen the effect in other Q3 based games (Elite Force, for one), and it was also used in the E3 demo level of Outcast, on the hangar floor, if I'm not mistaken.

Heh, when I saw Desann behind me I panicked and spun around, slashing away. I couldn've sworn I saw Kyle's cheeks turn red. But, yes, the mirror is supposed to be reflective, and I think it's cool.

Question for Wesman: where'd you find the .gif of the very end scene of the game, after the credits? Did you make it? I WANT IT! It's sad, but it's one of my favorite parts of the game, other than sucking stormtroopers out into space through open hangar doors.

Originally posted by Valdarious

One of the wild things about that scene was if you turned around, you could see his shadow on the ground. If you follow it it will lead you in the wrong direction.

I actually think that this is something tricky in the game (but maybe I'm just overanalyzing).

If you FOLLOW the shadow, it will turn to the left, and into the area where you fall to your death.

However, if you keep watching Desann leave in the mirror (as I did the first time), then he turns to the same area, but since you are looking at it in a mirror, he really turns the other way. That's how I did it the first time, so when I went back, I turned to the right, which is where you had to go.

Not sure if that's deliberate though... :)

Creston

Originally posted by Valdarious

One of the wild things about that scene was if you turned around, you could see his shadow on the ground. If you follow it it will lead you in the wrong direction.

darn.. i didnt notice that.. gotta play that level again now :mad:

hehe.. doesnt matter though.. it was one of my favorites

Did anyone go down the right hall way straight away, missing the "death-drop" and mirror effect?

Who chose the right path first by accident?

BYE

P.S. And by "right" I mean "correct", not the actually right hallway, which, as we all know, kills you instantly.

I had the same problem at first. As said above it seems that if you use the fastest graphical settings, stuff like mirrors and skies are turned of.

You can input r_fastsky 0 in the console instead of changing the cfg file... might be smoother :confused:

Archived