Home

My new mandalorian skin- Take a look

Absath

Ok now that Ben Kenobi is done and ready to be released (need someone willing to host my skins on their web page) ive started my next skin. a while ago i released a test i did with mandalore armor. the metal came out rather awful, and i ended up scrapping that skin. but i got an overwhelming number of people wanting that skin, so ive made it my next project. ive put alot more time into this one, and i think its on the right track.

its a skin of a bounty hunter wearing mandalorian armor. it IS NOT supposed to be any of the fett's, so dont come in saying it doesnt look like boba or jango. this is an original skin, not an attempt to recreate any known star wars characters.

the skin is rather unfinished, but i have enough done so you can get an idea of where its going. basically im looking for suggestions about what might need to be added, what looks like its going the wrong way stuff like that.

please, i ask that if you dont know anything about skinning, dont post things like "you should add a jetpack and holsters" because that would require extra polygons and the community cant do that yet.

so let me know what you think. im headed to work right now, and im hoping there will be some feedback when i get home tonite ;)

EDIT: the skin is now finished and this link points to the latest image.

http://photos.netclubs.com/live/photos/photocenter/o/j/k/0/k0hd3qn56k74h2hnjv43jecb9g/Absath.jpg

I'm glad youre gonna try doin this one. OK, here goes....

The head looks like frankenstein or something. Maybe try to make it based off of Jango without the helmet as he will be seen in episode 2.

Can you make the Jumpsuit more of a Blue? The black does look kinda cool, maybe you can do one of each.

The armor looks a bit like Pounded out sheet metal in spots as opposed to smooth pimp like armor that i would like to see. It's kinda like after a battle he took it to the Cooters garage and had it pounded out between workin on the general lee.

ALL IN ALL......

I do like it!

Hard to tell when it's black and white colors...

The wristbands could use some work. Try to find some pics of Boba...

You really need the helm on him to give it that full "mandalore" look.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it a MODEL, not a skin over some other model. Make it it's own model please.

As for the armor pieces, just add a bit more shading a stuff like that. Pictures of the armor on the legs/arms are the biggest thing that needs work.

IF you can add a rocketpack/cape that would make him complete.

Or at LEAST the rocketback

Actually, to be honest....Use JANGO FETT pictures as a reference...

Boba Fett's costume is really rugged and has lots of little wierd things all over it.

Jango's is more clean and easier to make. Use his. Same witht the colors...

Then, you can make different "color trims" for the different team colors.

Jango Fett is the easy way to go.

the head: is temporary. it was the same head that was on the last attempt of this skin, i just salvaged it for filler until i get to it. i have not decided what the head will look like yet, but it will not be jango fett. besides the fact that i dont know what he looks like w/o his helmet, and im not going to wait until may to finish this skin =P, if i made his face like jango, then im going to have people asking me why the armor doesnt more acuratly resemble jango's

the jumpsuit: again you're asking for something more akin to jango's or boba's jumpsuits. this will not happen, when i get the sdk i will make a true representation of jango fett (as i prefer him over boba) this however, is not jango or boba and will be his own character. the only likeness is that he wears pieces of mandalorian armor similar to the other two bounty hunters. but as with all my skins, i will be making a blue and red variation for the team play, so maybe that will be close enough to what you're looking for.

the metal:i agree it looks a little more beat up than i want it to, and this will be adjusted slightly. but also keep in mind that this is not a bounty hunter of jango's time. the armor is by no means new. it has seen more than a few battles and more than a few owners over the hundreds of years since it was made. so its not going to be pristine like jango's.

as soon as the sdk comes out, you can start asking me how my jango fett model is coming along. other than that, keep in midn this is not him.

thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming ;)

Who cares. Unless you want the skin to suck ass and look cheap, learn to be kind to those who care.

Jeez.

PS. If this isn't Boba or Jango, then why bother? Even the "Mandalore" character in the first JK game was really Boba Fett...just a different name..

I have read a lot of posts in these forums and i always saw evan nash telling other people that their skins sucks, that they arent good at skinning, that they should not skin, maybe nash if you tried making skins AND showed us what YOU can do we would'nt think that your a stupid jerk who talk bad other people skins because he cant skin himself, and by the way, if you dont like a skin, nobody forces you to download it.

and the mandalorian skin is cool, i cant wait to play as a mandalorian!!

You idiot.

I didn't say the skin sucks. Where did you read that? Quote me.

Prove me wrong.

I love the skin. Just giving feedback like he wanted.

Don't try and start something with me. Would you rather I lie and tell people their crappy skins are awesome? No. I tell the truth. I don't lie to people.

Besides, I love this guy's skin.

Again, you're an idiot.

ok evan, this post is aimed directly at you.

i stated in my very first post that this was not going to be jango or bob yet, mainly because we CANNOT MAKE THE DAMNED HELMET YET! so stop asking until they release the sdk.

and whats with the "its not a mandalore without the helmet" are you so ignorant as to assume that these sets of armor are attached like some people have their mittens attached to their jackets? is it entirely unfeasable in the star wars universe, that maybe someone happened across a suit minus the helmet? or perhaps his helmet was badly damaged in a fight,making it unwearable and he was unable to replace it? or maybe, just maybe, he doesnt want to have helmet hair.

im trying to post this in a civilized manner without getting frustrated, but im starting to wonder if maybe i should refrain from making my original skins until all the major star wars characters have been skinned and modeled. maybe then my original's will get some positive light, as opposed to

"what? you're making a jedi knight? a regular one? make qui-gon! heres links to qui-gon's face. hes not a jedi unless hes been in the movies!"

yes i asked for suggestions, but not suggestions about who im making this skin into. i already know who this guy is. when i ask for suggestions i look for stuff like "hey that area needs to be blended more" or "hey if you put a leather strap and some decals here it ould look cool" or "have you tried it in this color?"

*sigh* im sorry guys. and im sorry evan if i sounded rude, but i thought i was making a neat skin for the community, and all i seem to be getting is "why isnt it jango?"

i want a jango/boba skin as much as you all do. i think the helmets and rocketpack makes it badass as well. but gimme a break. i only have so much to work with. as ive promised over and over again, once we get the modeler tools, ill skin jango.

PS: Danica, no this does not mean you should stop making a jango skin... by all means maybe you'll get a better response than ive gotten.

Hey, opinions are always welcomed guys, but getting angry over this is simply pointless. Absath clearly stated that it was not meant to be boba or jango, from the way I understand it, Absath likes the way the armor looks, but doesn't want the "fett" look. Just let people model what they want, and tips/suggestions only. This is absaths own model, he shouldn't have to argue with you people about what it should look like.

If my opinion counts, an artist has to be open minded and prepared to receive negative opinions.

Just think of Evan's remarks as a booster for your motivation and work.

Make your skin a better one. Add detail and quality.

It doesnt really matter if it's a mandalorian or not.

The Skin isn't all that good as it is, but that doesnt mean you can't make it better. Work on it. And start calling negative remarks as contructive remarks. It's better that way.

And if people still dont like your work... who cares anyway as long as the artist feels he accomplished something he himself likes?

Carry on.

oh well, as an artist that is my ultimate feeling. but id be arrogant to think that i was the best artist in the world, and my work could in no way be improved. thats why i post half finished skins so i can get some advice on how its looking. because lets face it...after spending three hours staring at a particular skin, its easy to look right past large mistakes.

Archived