Home

My new mandalorian skin- Take a look

Absath

Wow...Evan...I had no idea someone could be so ignorant! Congrats!

As for the skin..I think it's looking great, but the hair bothers me..it's like grey and blue..but you said this was a work in progress, so I won't judge it, but I will make a suggestion...add some color..maybe make the jumpsuit under the armor a navy blue or something.

OK kids, time to take a pill.

As for not having the tools, I saw a guy here who's making an AWESOME Darth Vader model, and is even creating the helmet. The HELMET.

Helmets CAN be done. If you don't want to do it, fine.

As for Jango/Boba. I THOUGHT thats what you were trying to do. But you got all pissed and started to get mad because I thought it was supposed to be one of those guys.

You guys need to calm down and quite being so defensive all the time. It's not ignorance. It's called being honest and giving my opinion.

ok heres the lastest version of this skin (still in progress remember) ive decided to make his jumpsuit a hunter green, taking into consideration the suggestions to add colors. i know some of you wanted a blue jumpsuit, and that will be included as well- as the blue of the blue/red versions. the screenshot is an in-game picture in the default colors, and the inset is modview of the blue version.

things i already want to adjust:

the armor looks to white to me. im thinking of lowering the brightness and perhaps adding a smidge of contrast. good idea?

the armor also needs to be touched up itself a bit (the edges smoothed and shadowed, the texture blurred a bit)

the head hasnt even been touched yet, so no comments on that.

also i think his crotch plate needs to extend the just a hair under the belt.

anything else?

http://209.202.195.200/live/photos/photocenter/o/j/k/0/k0hd3qn56k74h2hnjv43jecb9g/AbsathX.jpg

Very nice.

Here's a pic of a few things you could do if you want:

http://www.curtis-web.com/forsaken/mand.jpg

I painted it quick, but this just shows what I think would add some nice color.

You don't have to choose THOSE colors, but I think too much grey makes it look black and white. Just my opinion.

This guy can be the "lost Mandalore warrior"... :D

Is it just me or does he look a little too blue... It looks good, but he's lookin a little too much like Sub-zero (from Mortal Kombat). Just my opinion though. He's more of a purple than a blue though. A white with a purple tint. Anyways, just saying what i see. Keep it up though man.

yeah the head will be the last thing i create, once i get the whole body working the best way it can.

now even, you're suggesting doing tinted armor plates? wouldnt that be a bit too much color? im gonna experiment with his accesories, maybe try and do some brown leather straps. i think alot of the "black and white" feel of the skin is coming from the head, which is just crap filler for now. im going to hold off on tiniting the plates until the head is done. if you guys still feel it looks colorless after that then ill give it a whirl

and as far as looking like subzero...*shrug* i guess so...but thats only the blue version of the skin. the forest green jumpsuit is the default. so play as the red or the green if you dont like blue ;)

and you think the armor needs to be more beat up? some guy told me higher in the thread that it was too worked over. oh well

and thanks for the input guys. i just got home from a 10 hour shift, but im all fired up to work on this skin. with any luck (and my day off tommorow) this may be ready for release as early as tommorow evening, barring any face problems with this skin.

btw guys, my obi-wan skin is up for DL on jediknightii.net right now if you wanna go grab it, but in the future Delmar has been kind enough to give me a little corner on his great website, so you'll be able to get all my skins there in the future.

Wow, that looks fantastic Absath. I'm looking forward to getting the skin. I just cant wait until the tools are released so we can get some new models, like a mandalorian with helmet and such. I like the idea of one without the helmet though, since it's what we can work with now. Thanks :)

Archived