Home

The simple way to do the "saber spin"

Soul-Burn

Many people have talked about spinning their sabers around them for some time, and they spoke about how tricky it is... here's the easy way to do it... no cheats, no nothing. The only problem, is that it does no damage.

http://tfc.dhs.org/spinning.dm_15

put the file in u'r jk2/base/demos/ directory (create one if needed) from the menu, start game -> play demo. Have fun!

It looks pretty sweet with a double saber, but nm.

I wanna make a demo with coreographed spinning if anyone's interested.

Haven't shown it here, but if u take 2 people, spin, and get close, it looks AWESOME (from above). Should try a 4 direction, 4 people one ;)

[EDIT]

Just noticed the server is disconnected from the outer world... so i'll try to put the demo somewhere else...

[/EDIT]

I have pulled that spinning move off heaps of times by swinging while "strafeing". Strafe left or right and swing. If you walk (as opposed to the default run) while strafeing you wont move too far before you start to spin. The default keys I find to be quite easy on the fingers for fighting as you can hold down the walk button while fighting without any effort so walking when about to hit shouldnt be a problem. If there is a key which lets you toggle between always-run and always-walk that would be even better!

I am going to check that out now as a toggle to switch between always-run and always-walk would be so great!

nonono argh

why dont you download soul burns demo and see what we're actually talking about. He's making the lightsaber fly around and around him, but he's not moving at all around in circles or anything. Looks seriously cool. Dunno how he does that.

ok, i have heard of this move, just use saber throw and let go the throw key but hold the primary attack,then move strafe when the saber back to you.

Don't let the saber ''get'' you , the saber will spin around you but did no damage to others.

Fun but no use:D

put the file in u'r jk2/base/demos/ directory (create one if needed) from the menu, start game -> play demo. Have fun!

Said it in the first post...

Over_burn_jedi.. it doesn't matter. A throw is a throw, 30 damage. And in my spinning trick, it doesn't even hit the enemy, so it's only good for show off.

If you walk (as opposed to the default run) while strafeing you wont move too far before you start to spin
May not have been on topic - but is this an actual use for walking in JK2? The only use I've found for walking in any game ever is so I can sneak up on the enemy because (s)he can't hear my footsteps - in JK2 it's pretty much redundant.

That spin does hurt enemies, at least Ive used it before and it's killed. I think it's caused by the timing issue between a server and a client, as in it tries to fly to where your hand is, but you aren't there, so it moves, etc, and forms a circle of trying to follow you. It's really useful if after a throw the enemy jumps behind you.

And for those that don't know, in multiplayer saber throw level 3, if you hold the button down, the saber will stay at max range for a short amount of time, and move where you aim. Many people that duel me regularly when they see my saber go whizzing by turn around cause they know its gonna hit them from behind in a second =]

Archived