Home

Why?

Mero Vilul

Been playing 8 hours today (not having much to do)...

(long text and kinda small review of multiplayer)

a complaint:

Force Drain

-----------------------------------------

Fix this thing, I'm tired of having my duel combatant screaming:

"DRAIN GEEK!! L4M3R!!" everytime I use my only healing force as a sith.

I don't play as a weak Jedi, and I never will. Please fix this thing in a patch.

I played another Sith in a duel, he gelled "Are you a drain lamer?!", the minute after he drained me, and I used it back.

And didn't care about responding, and when I struck him down, I had 4 life left. So I quickly drained him again, and he left the game.

Am I to good as a "drainer"? I seldom use it, except when hurt or when I know Im fighting a good player, someone who want complain because he knows how to deal with drain.

Enough about drain, my solution I meantioned in a post before stands (my opinion):

- Make Force Drain only drain force from the opponent when I am hurt, meaning I can't drain someone when I got 100hp.

Saber Stances

---------------------------------------------------

All stances are good, many have complained about the strong stance being random, but I must say two twirling combatants doing the yellow dance of twisting around is just as much random (sometimes parry, sometimes not, sometimes a bit lag so the opponent lags out of site).

A better player will win most of the times, he know how to counter, knows more moves and is aiming at the opponent more often.

CTF

--------------------------------------------------

I must say that CTF was a real lame thing to play (and I played it 2 hours just to give it a chance).

At least make it an option that a Force user carrying the enemy flag can't use force powers. It's all force run & some maps jump.

The players fighting on a level are those who enjoys fighting, and not thinking about napping the flag and gaining most scores all the time. Teamplayers.

This happened to me on a saber only ctf server ALL THE TIME:

someone took the flag, and made sure hes force powers where full, and turned on force speed. I turned it on also and engaged him, but it is impossible to reach him, if hes not a newbie that is.

So I started to try force pulling him to me, but as he always had like 50-100 shield, not even a hard blow come close to killing him.

And 95% of the times I didn't even hit him.

I teamed up with a guy and I took the duty of force gripping him when he took the flag while my friend should strike him down, I tried trapping him in different areas and all, but he just force pushed me away.

That guy did not get a single kill, but surely alot of flags.

And I say the same thing when I gave up and started flagnapping instead too.

With weapons in was easier to stop someone, but still redicilous hard to stop a good player. It ain't easy sniping a force runner, and it ain't easy hitting him when he force pushes away everything while running. I know, cause I was the man who did that. But it surely failed more than with sabers only.

Nah, an option so that a flagcarrier can't use force powers, or maybe just jump/push/pull would be nice.

Jedi Master

---------------------------------------

Didn't play too long, as I had problem finding a good server, but it was an intresting gameplay. Although playing with 15 other people on a server surely was too much, rockets and fragments of 500 bombs flying all over the place, as everyone always where close to the master. I will try it more later.

FFA

I must say, High force powers and a map with many abysses is so boring. Most people don't even run with their sabers drawn, as they only use push/pull and the Sith also uses grip.

It's incredible fun when setting up a server with some friends and have high force powers, but restrict all from having push/pull more than 1st level. It was unecessary to implent guns on the ns street map(and the alikes), noone uses them. (Well, some low pingers may try to snipe now and then).

I also took someones advice the last half hour, and only played to have fun, not thinking at all about fraggs. It was incredible more fun that way! I jumped from high plays trying to land a blow on enemies far far far below, and actually landed a couple now and then. I gripped people and force jumped high up, giving them a good ride. I used the light stance's backstabbing move, and got 3-4 increadible cool kills that way!

So please... play for fun. It is so much better.

Duels

This mode is what I played 50% of my 8 hours...

It is the best! Especially with low force powers and of course sabers only. Although, that drain thing is really starting to bug me.

It is OK for a Jedi to heal, but the instant I drain to gain some health most people starts flooding with complaints.

"Well, I don't drain and you don't heal" I said once, and of course my opponent agreed and after 2 yellow blows I heard that healing noice. "Why do you heal?" I said, and he said "AT LEAST I AIN'T A DRAIN L4M3R!!"... I drained him and choked him, and then he left... So many of those guys out there... Play a low force server, or a NO force server if you don't want to encounter drain.

JK2 is a great game. But lacks in some cases. But still great!

What are your experiences and great moments from playing JK2 for a week or two now?

/Mero Vilul

Drain all the time pisses me off. Grip all the time pisses me off. Dark side is cheap.

BUT -- healing constantly would piss me off. I know people would HATE it if Absorb lasted a long, long time. The point is, I think if you're using Force within reason, in moderation, you're good. It's the players who find one single thing that always kills -- gripping into a pit -- and ONLY use that, who are pathetic.

I hate Drain's speed. It's too much. But provided you're not just draining/lightninging with your saber holstered, then I'd say you're a good Dark side player. You have some skill.

For the same reason I like the kinds of servers you like, like Dueling with little Force emphasis. Much cooler than running around backwards with a Flechette gun constantly jumping.

But it is multiplayer, so most of the time anything goes. I agree it does get tiresome once people start using the same ole tricks over and over, but what can you do about it? Just join another game... There are plenty of NF games out there, and games where the host has set rules as to what is allowed and isn't.

BUT -- healing constantly would piss me off. I know people would HATE it if Absorb lasted a long, long time. The point is, I think if you're using Force within reason, in moderation, you're good. It's the players who find one single thing that always kills -- gripping into a pit -- and ONLY use that, who are pathetic.

variety then? if i am a dark guy can I grip u 1 kill..drain and saber u...and then lightening u..then switch to light side and absorb and saber u and u would be cool?

I just wish more servers would have lower Jedi skills set, something along the lines of Guardian is probably my favourite. At that level you can either get one force and maxed out offensive/defensive abilities or reduce your sabre skills and gain that extra power.

It's not going to be possible for there to be a counter for each side of the force for every force power. If there was, force powers would be useless. People need to stop whining because of Drain. It's not that hard to counter it, and if you don't wanna play as a Light Jedi, TOUGH.

I must say that CTF was a real lame thing to play (and I played it 2 hours just to give it a chance).

At least make it an option that a Force user carrying the enemy flag can't use force powers. It's all force run & some maps jump.

CTY...

Archived