Home

Can you cut someone in half like Maul's death?

obijonkenobi

I have cut off arms and hands in single player, but is it possible to cut someone in half at the waist? I know the head doesn't come off as it is Starwars and that would be too blood thirsty (even if no blood is to be seen). But Darth Maul was cut in two peices at the waist. I am not talking about using that cheat to cut someone in half as I do not want to use any console commands in the game (except sabre colour perhaps).

But my question is without console commands, has anyone cut an enemy in halft at the waist?

I don't like the dismember cheat. It reminds me of thats pathetic hollywood car explosions. (Dent the bonnet of the car slighty and it explodes in a fireball bigger then the A-bombs used in WW2).

I heard the dismember cheat makes every part fall to peices... if you hit their hand only the entire body gets cut into multiple peices... That seems a bit stupid to me. I only want the parts to fall off where I actually make contact with the body.

So if I spin-slash at the waist, the waist comes off, or if I cut straight down just to the left of the torso then that arm falls. That sort of thing.

So from what I read you are saying that the waist will not seperate without the use of the cheat (making everything "hollywood style" fall apart?).

Thanks for letting me know one way or the other. :)

Cheers!

You see everything fall off because usually your character will stand there after the first dismemberment, and the saber will still be touching other parts of the body. Every part that the saber touches (doesn't have to be an attack) falls off.

I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now some one has gone into some detail about the code it sounds like it has been done pretty well.

I am going to definatly give this a try now. I still hate cheat codes, but from what I have heard now it doesn't sound like any more of a cheat then changing your sabre colour since lightsabres can cut through metal, flesh shouldnt be a problem, nor should that stormtrooper "armour".

Thanks again mates!

Cheers

Yes, it is. Its rare, but...

The first time i went through the game (on padawan, dismemberment on, nothing in the console though) I griped a shadow trooper, and threw my lightsaber at him. he was bisected, AND the top half stayed up until i let go of the grip

I wish i had gotten a screen, it was Awesome

When you put the code in, say at the very first level... Will the code still be on in later levels or do I need to enter it for every level?

And assuming it only needs to be the one time, do you need to load the code up every time you turn the game on? Or if I put the code into it at level 1 on April 9, get up to level 12 then turn the computer off... Then the next day start playing at the beginning of level 13 where it saved my progress... is the code still active or do I need to re-enter it?

Does this apply for the lightsabre colour code as well?

There's a pk3 file available out there somewhere that sets all the dismemberment probabilities to 100 and activates realistic saber combat. It's cool, but seemed to cause some instabilities. Best one I ever saw (without the pk3 or any cheats) was battling a Reborn. I slashed up and cut off his hand with the saber. It dropped to the ground and went out and he dropped to his knees holding the stump with a WTF? expression on his face before dying. Classic.

Goumindong's correct. It's rare, but bisection happens. I cut down a shadow trooper using force speed to get behind him and I cut him right in half at the beltline.

Not as cool as the aforementioned grip+bisection, though. That's without any cheats enabled. I also see hands and arms fly off fairly often now, later in the game. I have yet to see decapitation, but here's hoping...

Originally posted by obijonkenobi

I have cut off arms and hands in single player, but is it possible to cut someone in half at the waist? I know the head doesn't come off as it is Starwars and that would be too blood thirsty (even if no blood is to be seen). But Darth Maul was cut in two peices at the waist. I am not talking about using that cheat to cut someone in half as I do not want to use any console commands in the game (except sabre colour perhaps).

But my question is without console commands, has anyone cut an enemy in halft at the waist?

Yes if you enable g_saberRealisticCombat you can cut in no particular order

hands, forearm, arm, foot, leg, head, and waist at the very least.

Originally posted by WhiteChedda

Yes if you enable g_saberRealisticCombat you can cut in no particular order

hands, forearm, arm, foot, leg, head, and waist at the very least.

IMHO this dismembers too much, you only have to touch em & they fall apart. The sabre does way too much damage.

I do use the dismemberment mod though. You get the same dismemberment effects but with normal sabre damage levels, so it's not over the top. All the normal zones seem to work, e.g. Darth Maul style bisections. Don't think you can dismember dead bodies tho, no big deal.

Think I picked it up from http://modcentral.jediknightii.net/

for all of u who can understand some german:

i use the patch from http://www.blutpatches.de/index.php?site=patchesdb&sort=j

and it works fine for me ;)

tonight i`ll have a look at the install instructions (cause i`m not sure if they are german or english).

If they are german i`m going to translate them and put them on some webspace.

i`ll post it here later...

Greetz Dr.Pulp

my little brother was playing and he found out you can choop up the c3po droids real good. even after you kill them keep slashing and there legs will com off, the torso, the arms maybe even the head. its pretty funny

Using the enyak_mutilate.pk3 file, in single player (Jedi Knight difficulty) I've been able to slice off hands, arms (forearms or at the shoulder), legs (at the knee), cut in half (at the waist), and heads. Sometimes I can even carve up a body after killing an enemy. Pretty nifty.. <eg>

And yes, it's on for the whole game once you set the option in the menu (dismemberment on) and that includes saves/loads. I've never had it crash on me due to limb-pile-up either.

I once cut off a RebornBoss' hand at the wrist during a saber lock. Needless to say, I was "owning" his ass and was getting ready to overhead slash once the lock was finished, and then the slo-mo started and I saw his saber drop to the ground, with his hand attached to it, hehe. And just like someone said above, he had that "WTF?!" look on his face, but then again so did I, hehe.

Let me get this clear:

Using g_saberrealisticcombat 1 changes the damage of the saber, right? So it would be considered cheating, as it's not how the developers intended you to play it. Right?

Also, using that mod which sets all the probabilities to 100 (the german one) does NOT affect damge, but doesn't dismember dead bodies, correct?

One more thing, anyone know what g_dismemberprobabilities exactly does?

damage is the same, just the death animations are altered...

if you check out the NPCs.cfg, you can alter the frequency of how easy/hard it is to do each particular dismemberment.. whether it be waist, hand, head, etc...

The saberrealisticcombat 1 setting isn't a cheat.

You need to have cheats enabled to do it, but thats just so you can access the settings of the game (hence why it's devmapall or Developers Map All).

Why isn't it a cheat? because while your lightsaber does a bit more damage and can disect the person at any joint, so can the enemy sabers to you. One hit kills are possible no matter what settings are in the game, all Saber Realistic Combat does is make the saber combat a bit more realistic.

A light saber can basically cut through anything, so if my pivoting puts the blade through someones neck, then the neck should go away. if I pivot through someone elses lightsaber, I should die.

Archived