Home

jediknight 2 server behind linksys router?

TMAC-culloch

If you're running Network Address Translation (NAT) you'll need to open the TCP port your server is running on in your router. Find out what port your server is running on & check your Linksys manual on how to foward that port to your server's IP address.

Hey there. I have a similar problem.

I, however, CANNOT join any servers because no servers in the list load. I then tried zone and gamespy arcade and when i get to the "connection to server" image, the counter just... keeps on counting and nothing loads. I made sure my source pointed to Internet. no change.

So I played around with my LinkSys router settings. I've made myself DMZ host (removes all firewall safety to my IP) and open the necesary ports. (go here for LucasArts MP guide)

no change. I've done everything by the book. I then contacted LEC support and the said the same thing that site said, like they allways do to filder the people who dont look.

so i replied because the problem persisted. they cant help me.

they told me to contact the router's maker: LinkSys.

Unfortuantly LinkSys's customer support = carbage.

you can try for youself if you get lucky.

CONCLUSION:

ever since I got the game I cannot play Mulitplayer... which sucks. I can play with BOTS but that's not fun.

I asked many times and nobody helped. This truely sucks. I hope you get to fix it. Good to know in a way that I'm not the only one. If you DO fix it, please contact me :)

(wow. FORCE LONG POST! :p)

Originally posted by TheJackal

Hey there. I have a similar problem.

I, however, CANNOT join any servers because no servers in the list load. I then tried zone and gamespy arcade and when i get to the "connection to server" image, the counter just... keeps on counting and nothing loads. I made sure my source pointed to Internet. no change.

So I played around with my LinkSys router settings. I've made myself DMZ host (removes all firewall safety to my IP) and open the necesary ports. (go here for LucasArts MP guide)

no change. I've done everything by the book. I then contacted LEC support and the said the same thing that site said, like they allways do to filder the people who dont look.

so i replied because the problem persisted. they cant help me.

they told me to contact the router's maker: LinkSys.

Unfortuantly LinkSys's customer support = carbage.

you can try for youself if you get lucky.

CONCLUSION:

ever since I got the game I cannot play Mulitplayer... which sucks. I can play with BOTS but that's not fun.

I asked many times and nobody helped. This truely sucks. I hope you get to fix it. Good to know in a way that I'm not the only one. If you DO fix it, please contact me :)

(wow. FORCE LONG POST! :p)

Just to make sure it's not anything on your computer doing it have you tried plugging your computer directly into your DSL/cable/56k/whatever modem & connecting? Usually you shouldn't have to mess with DMZ/NAT/port fowarding settings to connect to remote servers. Push comes to shove you can factory default your router & set it up again from scratch to make sure theres no weird configuration goof (use that little button on the back of the router to default it).

Strangely enough, I'm using a Linksys EtherFast 4-port router, and I've had no problems whatsoever. When I set it up, though, I followed the instructions in the manual for setting it up for that sort of thing. I've uploaded screencaps of my settings for each important section of the router setup (which can be reached by any computer connected to the router by opening your web browser and typing http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar). You can find the images in this directory: http://www.eberon.net/executor/routersetup/

Here is my router config:

WAN IP ADDR. : Obtain Automatically

Login: Disable

RAS Plan: 512k Ethernet

Keep Alive is checked.

Firmware Version: 1.38

DHCP Server: Enabled

Num. DHCP Users: 5 (this doesnt matter much, just a preference)

Under Filters:

SPI: Disabled

Block Wan Request: Enabled

IPSec Pass Through: Enabled

PPTP Pass Through: Enabled

Remote Management: Disabled

Remote Upgrade: Disabled

Working Mode: Gateway

(Since the Router is working as a gateway, these should be off by default)

TX: Disabled

RX: Disabled

I am set as the DMZ host.

---

On the PC Side, I have Obtain Ip Address and Obtain DNS automatically.

Check and see if your settings match this. This is a 4 Port Linksys Router with an Uplink and a WAN connection connecting to Charter Communications via an SB4100 Cable modem.

Try these settings first. If it doesnt work, you may need to reset the router completely and try it with factory settings. If that doesnt work, contact your ISP and see if they support home networking of residential lines (I assume thats what your using, correct me if I'm wrong).

Archived