Home

Raven: Saber throwing during duels is out of control

Sithdrone

Originally posted by CGameProgrammer

Since red, green, and blue sabers appear in the movies, that means any imaginable saber color can be made through combinations of those colors. Just like how TV screens are composed of red, green, and blue dots that, from afar, appear to blend and become different colors. So there.

to go off topic here a bit... lucas said it, not us. "red and green are the good guys, red is for the bad guys" if you want to see it for yourself, go watch the epII making of's

to go a bit on topic here...

I throw my saber a lot according to you. I throw it whenever someone turns their back, or goes red one hit. yes, i exploit my oponents weakness! i must be a lamer kiddie hacker. To make it short, if you show a weakness that can be exploited with the throw, expect to be thrown at

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This topic is obviously dead, and few ppl will actually read this to the 3rd page..(only the fact that it's almost 4:00 am and I have nothing better to do on my night off allowed me to get this far!!) but I like to play on plain old Jedi level Force servers. I like it cause you can either have 1 power and a high level or several at level 1-2 range. Do I put 1 point into sabre throw? YOU BET YOUR ASS I DO!!! Nothing makes me chuckle more in this game than to go into a fight w/ someone and have them put grip on me and I hold the right button down, pointed straight at them, adn them COMPLETELY OPEN. When open like that the sabre throw does WAY more damage than grip, and if they don't die, they definatly will think twice about doing it again. I haven't had a lot of luck with "push" getting me out of those situations, but my tactic seems to work well. =) I say SithDrone (if you are really still reading this and not responding) to come play on some NF servers for awhile and really hone your sabre skills. Knowing how to effectivly use the sabre will get you out of a lot of situations that give ppl troubles. Force drain me you say? OK, how bout I jump ALL my force away myself, leaving you with nothing to drain, and hunt your sorry ass down for even trying that crap on me!!! lol Anyways, in closing, there is a way out of EVERY SINGLE attack/force power/exploit so far at this stage of the game..it's only been out for 2 weeks or so right now..so just use the gift of thought and figure it out.

Peace,

Mali

SABRE THROW MRAHAHHAAA!!!!

I dont even have a key binded for a sabre throw!

It is so lame and cheap...and even when it hits it does barely any damage.

I say, if you see lamer throwing his sabre at you.Side step and PUSH him.Hopefully he falls on his but! HAHHAA!!!

You did know that you can force push the thrown saber, right?

Also did you know that if you timed the push right, the saber would not return and the jedi who threw it would have to retrieve it, thus leaving them open to a counter attack?

Well, being the master that you are, of course you knew! :rolleyes:

*holds unlit saber to Sithdrone's head*

Here look down the tube.

*turns saber on*

They always fall for that. ;)

Yes Smood your neutral criticism certaintly attained the truth in that I was searching for a swift method in which to complete the entirety of my post, thus the last part of it was done in haste, and obviously, it paled in comparrison to the other literary power found vested within the paragraphs that lay before it.

In future posts I shall endeavour to pen a balanced arguement that holds a high standard of literary brilliance through out its entire length, as opposed to a post which slowly burns out as it makes great, magnificent strides in attempting to put forth a valid point against an arguement that I strongly disagree with.

To sum up my second post in this expanded thread, I would like to address Sithdrone with three distinctive words:

SOLITARY - A MONTH

-Hobo

[RXz]

Have you actually tried dodging saber throws. It's really easy to do, and it looks stylish when you do a couple flips or run along a wall and then flip off.

Anyway, I don't encounter that many who use saber throw "like a *****" ... around 15 out of 100 use saber throw more than a handful of times, so it's probably the servers you play on. Try playing on established servers rather than private ones - like blueyonder, barrysworld, jolt, gamesdomain.co.uk etc. etc.

I fail to see why people get so worked up with newbies who haven't learned the ropes yet. It's not like charging around the map, throwing your saber is an effective strategy (I tried it once and got wasted even more than usual), and if you're up against someone in a duel who constantly hammers you with it, I'd just return the favour.

The point I was making was if you had any balls, you wouldnt throw it.
Really? I guess I can keep throwing it all I want then, seeing as how I'm a girl and all. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Swamp

... i don't think so ...

i didn't say anything mean to that particular person other than the post being somewhat immature .. i did not call the person an idiot or stupid or what ever, so my anger was directed to his post, not the post maker...

and if you will also note, i apologized to him afterwards ...

I, as someone outside the conversation, am telling you that's exactly what you did. Ignore it, agree with it, think you didn't, however you want to interpret that data.............

........And if you didn't then why did you apolagize?

An apolagy doesn't make the mistake go away, it just indicates you were't being maliciuos on purpose.

If they throw their saber at you, just block it, run up to them, and kick them. I don't see how that's so hard. If you charge them without swinging and are facing them at all times, it shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

My 2c,

Incepta

Your statistics are pure bull ****. You made them up, and you are lying.

Saber throwing is NOT out of control. If some wanker constantly throws his saber at you, block it, push him down and hack him apart.

If you are getting killed from excessive saber throw, then you sir, suck.

Oh where to start...

Well lets see. If you are dumb enough to sit there and get killed by a saber thrwoing addict, then you are in the wrong game. As for countering it, it really isnt that hard. Hell, a 4 year old could figure it out. If someone is trhowing a saber at you, jsut stand there facing them. thats right just stand there and do nothing but face them. when the saber reaches you, you will autonmatically block it. Now, if your opponent is smart enough to throw the saber above or around you, you have a slightly different problem. Typically, when your opponent does this, he/she is trying to overshoot you with the saber and then when it returns, they are trying to send it up your @$$ and up and out of your mouth. But guess what, this isnt hard to counter either. Just move out of they way if you know this is comming. strafe, roll, or jump. odds are it will work unless you have the IQ of a peanut.

As for whether or not i use saber throw. I will admit it, i do use it. But i am not addicted to it. If i am dueling someone and they want to saber throw me to death, i just wait until they use their force power and slash them to hell. on the other hand, if i am facing someone who uses heavy stance and likes that uber swing (100% KO swing) i will use saber throw because it somehow increases my odds against those kinds of nuts. if i happen to kill someone with a saber throw, i consider it luck on my part. if i die due to a saber throw, i consider it a mistake on my part.

as for you guys who say there are only 3 saber colors and they never really threw sabers in the movies, well hey, you guys are right. but i can also tell some of you have never read some of the books. i forget the titles, but in one book, jedi students had different lightsaber colors, just like the choices you have in JO. Also, in one book, Luke and Mara are stranded on a planet and stuck in a cave. to clear out the stalagmites and stalagtites they threw their sabers thru the cavern to clear a path.

And as for Sithdrone. Do us a favor, pull your lightsaber out of your @$$. Somehow you must have gotten it stuck up there while exploring yourself during puberty and it is currently preventing the brain cells in your ass from functioning properly.

Good Gaming

Damn all these replies and none of you n@ggas mentioned the fact that you can't use force powers in a duel.

And since you can't use the force in duels, y da fuc can u throw your saber?

Saber Throw uses force power, so in my opinion this was a design mistake.

I don't blame you peeps for using it, because it is in the game....and is NOT a cheat, or an exploit.

If I designed the game, I would have 2 different duel buttons.

One that allows full use of the force, and the other that is strictly melee (don't give a fuc if I spelt that wrong....english ain't **** biotch!!)

Sithdrone is an honorable gamer, and I respect that. When it comes to CS....nobody rushes like drone!!

Gemeni, you can throw your saber in a duel because it's part of the lightsaber combat. The point of duels is to make it like the movies where your concentrating really hard on dueling and don't have much time to think about using force powers. Saber throw is an exception because not only would it take much less effort for a Jedi to do than say, make lightning, but is part of the saber combat system.

Originally posted by [annex]Gemini

Damn all these replies and none of you n@ggas mentioned the fact that you can't use force powers in a duel.

And since you can't use the force in duels, y da fuc can u throw your saber?

wrong. if you can use force or not depends on the server (for duel servers) and in a challenge you can still use throw and jump.

dont know for how long you were playing?

Dude I am not talking about duel servers.

I am talking about light saber only servers, with force powers.

Everytime I duel someone, using the "engage_duel" button, force powers cannot be used. Except for the saber....

I didn't notice that force jump was allowed, but then again I rarely duel much anymore, because people always attack me when I offer a duel.

Except for sithdrone, who turns his saber off when he sees me. :D

-Gemini

Why do I get the feeling he didn't have lvl 3 saber defence, and that's why he couldn't effectivly win against a saber throw "*****" (if such a person is possible.....)

Wait, didn't he say he ruled at this game? It's cheap.... but he wins....... gah! Need....... sleep! :nut:

Archived