Home

Suggestion to fix the Saber-Throw spammers people complain about

RpTheHotrod

Some people, if they duel, they just throw the saber over and over and over and run away, rolling out of the way, going everywhere but fighting you until they get more power to throw it more.

ALot of people complain about this, and how unrealistic it is compared to the Star Wars series.

I propose the following:

Have Saber-Throwing follow the same rules that single player does when attacking. If you throw your saber into someone right on that isn't swinging (ie, has their saber out ready to block), there is a chance your saber will fall to the ground, and you have to use power to pull it back to your hand (not using PULL, you just press attack and it automatically pulls to your hand. No PULL skill needed, but it would take the power that pull 1 takes)

If you threw something at someone, and they blocked it, at times they could hit the object to the ground.

In order to throw it risk-free, they must be in a non-defensive position (running away, back turned, in the middle of a swing, etc)

People would think twice before spamming the saber-throw at someone.

Thoughts?

That's a good Idea, there's already too may things that need to be fix Raven does NOT give a crap.

That would have to be something created in a MOD.(Which I really want to make.) This game needs so many tweaks to make it a true Star Wars Jedi type game it needs to be left to thoes who understand these types of games.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?.....JEEEEZ!:rolleyes:

-I too have run across players that do just what you say but you know what? -I beat them 99% of the time. Saber-throws are easy to block.dodge,and counter mang. Anyway, I look at saber throwing as a skill like any other move when saber dueling. Yes, I use saber-throwing but only when i need to. My dueling style consists of all the other moves as well and is very well balanced. I also switch between the 3 saber styles on the fly when dueling as well. Let me guess, thats not fair either? -I have run across alot of no-skilled players of late that just nitpick at anything about how you fought them because they lose. Thats BS in my opinion. I respect any players fighting style regardless of how they choose to fight. If you cant find a way to defeat a move-spamming player then you really need to practice offline. I'm not trying to worl up a beef with you or put you down dude but I'm just tired of all the whining and stupid b!tching about just about anything with JK2 and/or other players as of late. It gets quite old after awhile.;):p

Hey sith, who said I was whining? Also, did I ever say I did/didn't like it? No!

Try READING a post before starting your replies.

I don't mind it. Other's do. Since there have been so MUCH whining about it (not from me you m...nevermind), I'm giving a suggesstion.

There is also a difference in constructive criticism and whining. Guess you wouldn't know the difference if it was in front of you?

I like the idea a lot Rp. I wonder why it wasn't like that in the first place actually. I use the saber throw when I'm on force servers (like when someone is running from you because they're almost dead) but by no means abuse it or use it as a crutch. Hopefully an upcoming patch will fix it.

Great idea Rp :)

For the record, it sounds like constructive critisism to me. How else does something get fixed if people don't point it out?

I agree with both Rp and S!th. I think that Rp's idea for a solution is great. I also agree with S!th though. I have run across people who saber-throw spam and it is usually easy to defeat them. It is still can be very annoying.

Is this something a patch could fix? I would actually like to see that addition to allow things (sabers)to be knocked down. Could add some excitement to the middle of a battle! :-)

I also agree with S!th that if someone's style always causes you to lose...perhaps you need to practice and or adapt to their style. What is better than beating someone at there own game, right? I don't think that you need to "sink to their level" for good...but maybe just a couple of times.

I don't think it needs to be fixed, tubbydrmmr, you big bed wetting doody head. The sabre throw is easy enough to block if you aren't running around swinging like a tusken raider on crack. Plus... and you should know this of all people... when someone throws their sabre they are EASY push targets, no?

Don't think I am going to go easy on you just because you are my roommate N00b!!

I am not saying that anything needs to be fixed you smEEly, rotten egg-farting, crappa! I am only saying that I think it would be cool to see things able to be totally knocked out of someones hands in multiplay. Nothing NEEDS to change...I like the game how it is.

You dig, Pvt. Pee pee?

[Edit - Stormy - extraneous posts deleted. Washing your personal laundry on these public forums isn't a good idea, guys. That's what PM is for. :eyeraise: ]

Just to drag this thread back on topic... I totally agree that the sabers should be able to be knocked down like in SP. Just like I agree that they should NEVER have made anything OTHER than the SP style of fighting.

However, I also agree with Sith in that it's WAY totally easy to block throws, and that the people who whine about getting killed by them simply lack skill.

The reason I want to see knock-downs is for realism, and because it's way too easy for me to kill someone with throwing.

Saber dropping would be cool just because it actually happens in the movies! So why not? Weather it's from blocking a throw, or PUSHING a throw, or knocked right out of your hand with some kick a** move.

It's not needed, but it would be COOL!

Some one throws saber at you. Block it. Saber fals to the ground.. You attack. They die. You happy.

Stop moaning.

In SP you can knock the saber to the ground by striking it when someone throws it at you, and I'm fairly sure this is the case in MP too.

Originally posted by D.L.

Some one throws saber at you. Block it. Saber fals to the ground.. You attack. They die. You happy.

Stop moaning.

In SP you can knock the saber to the ground by striking it when someone throws it at you, and I'm fairly sure this is the case in MP too.

You can't drop your saber in MP, that only happens in SP.

And it's not whining, moaning or *****ing, it was just a sugestion. Some people are Way to sensitive.

And I agree, it would be nice if you could knock someone's thrown saber down in MP just like it happens in SP. But this may be tied up in the same reason that MP saber fighting doesn't work the same way as SP, due to lag and all.

you guys say its way too easy to block a saber throw?

The over day my friend and I were playing I had a 20 ping, and we go on even level ground. I stood stark still facing him and he was facing me. I was looking DIRECLTY at him. I let him saber throw me a bunch of times. Every 2-4 saber throws would pass through my block and do 10-15 damage, note that I was standing still facing him doing nothing.

In a duel with no heal this will slowly eat away at your health and it gets really annoying considering if you catch up to them they can just roll away.

Archived