Home

Boba Fett Model

BloodRiot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up gentlemen? I just wanted to give you guys a shout out and say thanks for all the hard work you are doing. Basicly Im just giving you some continued support. Rather than the same old HTFU.

I am certain it will be worth the wait...

Im not sure if anyone else does it, but you can change who you play as in SP just by downloading any SP player mod (ex. Tavion single player mod = tavionmod.pk3 and tavionsound.pk3) and just replacing the files in the pk3's with that of the model and sounds you would like to have in SP and have the tavionmod/sound.pk3 in the base folder. (ex. you want to play as Luke in SP. simply extract the model.glm and model_default.skin from asset0.pk3, look for the path models\player\luke, to the folder C:\models\players\kyle for the model replacement and then add it back into the tavionmod.pk3 while saving the path and replacing the current files in the .pk3 (within tavionmod.pk3 = model.glm and model_default.skin) with your choice of .glm/.skin. For sound replacements just extract the sound files from your choice of sounds (eg. sound\player\luke\misc choke1.mp3 to C:\sound\player\kyle\misc and add those to tavionsound.pk3 with same path and same file names for the sounds = choke1.mp3 (choke1.mp3 being from Luke's sounds and replacing the current choke1.mp3 in the .pk3 file) with the path: sound\player\kyle\misc ...as should be seen in winzip.

Btw in the tavionmod.pk3 file the model_default.skin has to be just that, nothing like model_default_name.skin (where _name is = eg. model_default_darkjedi.skin) ....if it is that way you have to first rename the .skin file to model_default.skin and open up the .skin file and change all the models\players\default\name_part.jpg or .tga's (btw where \default\ is that is the base models such as luke, jan, dessan, or reborn...eg. from models\player\jedi\darkjedi_bodypart.jpg or tga to models\player\darkjedi\darkjedi_legs.jpg or tga) and for that you must extract the .jpg or .tga files from the .pk3 file of your choice, such as darkjedi.pk3 to c:\models\player\darkjedi folder, and then rezip the .pk3 with the new file path for the skin files (.jpg and/or .tga) and the newly renamed model_default.skin file which points to the models\player\darkjedi\ directory to the same darkjedi.pk3.

Its kinda late so im not sure if i skipped something, but if not then just start up single player and play your new character in place of kyle. (Note: you will only change the model and action sounds of the character not the speaking parts...so if you play as a female you will use kyle's voice when cutscenes happen :) I tried to be as detailed as possible just to be safe but even when i read it i get a little confused at the end ...so i'll post back if more help is needed if i dont get yelled at for messing up somewhere anyway heh. I know this is off topic but for those who ask for a SP mod im just trying to offer a way of doing so.

Ok sorry about my last post, it seems at least 2 people think it was out of place, let me clarify my point..

I wrote it because it seemed that every second post i read was someone saying " i dont care release it now" , or "do this.. do that.. now.. now .. now.." all of which i doubt these guys payed the slightest attention to, but it was annoying having to scroll past it to read some intelligent input from those who actually care about this production , so , i simply stated that some people should stop crying like little girls on christmas day who didnt get their maliboo barbie with delux blow-up ken doll.

I suppose technically what i wrote is no better than someone writing .. HTFU .. but , at least i appreciate what these guys are trying to do!

Hey dude get off your high horse....we who want it now do also.. :) Its just it looks so great we want it as soon as possible.. so we may say crazy things in the intrest of comedy r just to blow off some stem.. even tho they know it will take more time theres NO HARM in going crazy over it but im glad your fighting soo hard to get your lame opinion across to other people i find it to be funny :)

Well just wanna let you guyz know that im still on the case.

The Base model is just about done. Just minor tweaks left to do. After I do the lod's the pack is ready to go.

So go and watch AotC and get back here with some Fett frenzy fever. They will be ready in no time now. I know what was causing the arm clipping. So the worst is over (I hope). The LOD's are the final road towards release so just be a lil more patient and I'll deliver some quality stuff for you guyz (at least I hope you think of it that way) :p

I'll be around.

You guyz behave.

Originally posted by BloodRiot

Well just wanna let you guyz know that im still on the case.

The Base model is just about done. Just minor tweaks left to do. After I do the lod's the pack is ready to go.

So go and watch AotC and get back here with some Fett frenzy fever. They will be ready in no time now. I know what was causing the arm clipping. So the worst is over (I hope). The LOD's are the final road towards release so just be a lil more patient and I'll deliver some quality stuff for you guyz (at least I hope you think of it that way) :p

I'll be around.

You guyz behave.

At last, Boba Fett can have revenge on Kyle for all the trouble he caused him in Dark Forces ;)

P.S. Any chance of a Clonetrooper for your next model :D

between these, and the lady sith one the tension waiting for them to be done is enough to make my head want to pop.:explode::D Oh is there going to be a mildly shiny shader on boba, or none at all?:)

I watched the first half of the movie today, and I need some hands on fett action. :D

Oh, and its a good thing you used the that jet pack for jango also since he dosent have it to long.;):D

I've been following the amazing work of Bloodriot and Absath from the begining of this thread and I must say you guys are doing an amazing job! Keep up the excellent work, you guys rock!! And might I also add that I just got back from the midnight showing of Attack of the Clones!! OH--MY--GOD!! That was so amazing that I can't even think of anything to say. It was just simply, stunningly, great! Seeing Jango in action makes me want this model even more! By the way Dooku was freak'n fantastic, If you guys are trying to pick who to model after Darth Maul might I suggest Count Dooku. When you see the movie you'll know what I mean, He is one mean MOTHER @#$%*@ !!! I can't wait for Episode 3!! :fett:

Archived