Home

ATAT duel map teaser

Tems

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's the character model? You said there was one in that pic just above the first floor of the foot - I just spent 10 minutes thoroughly looking through that pic and I see no char model. Could you circle it with paint or something for those of us that can't obviously see that well? lol.

ergh - oops! I feel stupido now...

Hey Tems,

Beautiful job! I wouldn't be able to do it better then you have!

Well, just to give you an idea I was thinking about. Maybe do an it where the ATAT is on Tatooine and has fallen down into a conyon like area. You could put cliffs around it, So the player doesn't hit invisible walls, and make the inside accessed by either a whole somewhere, or the main door. Then just make the ground wavy like sand dunes around it.

You could also make special textures for this map. That have dust and sand makrs all over it. So it really looks like a warn down ATAT in the desert. I have the perfect Idea in my head. If you want me to draw it out for you, or something to that affect, I would be pleased!

My E-Mail is: jamesafrench@shaw.ca

Great job man, you rock!

Looks very nice, some questions though...

Do you plan on letting people walk on the floor? If not then I suggest you be careful with the broken AT-AT so that people can't jump from it onto the floor of the map..

A downside of this map is the fact that it's gonna be a sucker for force push/grip..

I could be wrong though..

Tems:

you should place a human figure next to it. From any game, it doesn't matter. Mostly to get the scale idea. Also, as previously mentioned, can you please make a destoryed AT-AT like this one:

falldown.jpg

Here is some respectfull crisitism to help you hopefully:

everything looks very good. But I personnaly thing the head/face needs to be balanced a bit.

here's some screens from Rogue Leader (from the GameCube)

5.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

hope this helps

I will be putting a tripped ATAT in the map. Also i have not decided on layout yet. im starting to feel strongly toward having the ground be part of the map. im afraid if it isnt then there just will not be enough play area. I'll be balancing out the head in my next revision. Thanks for the suggestions.

-Tems

If you really can't decide do both- one as a duel (just abord and perhaps on the ATAT) and the other one as ffa/TDM(/CTF??) involving the tipped over one and some things...

Just had this idea about CTF: You could make it CTF by placing one Flag atop or in the ATAT and the other one in Echo Base... :)

Luke actually was trying to get the flag in ESB :D

Archived