Home

Oh my god (stop whining!)

Mero Vilul

I guarentee you that most of the whining (not the whining about whining about whining, etc) would stop if more people started treating the saber as JUST ONE WEAPON IN YOUR ARSENAL OF JUSTICE (in an action FPS) instead of THE ONLY weapon in a role playing game.

People who insist on using the saber exclusively in MP, will simply have to put up with getting schooled by people who effectively use all the weapons in the game, or just become that much better in order to still compete.

Hmmm....I am a father of three who spends little time playing online games anymore. For that matter, I get relatively little gaming time anymore at all. I do try to play 30 min. - 1 hr. of JKII online every other day or so. In other words, I am not able to dedicate my life to playing this game. I don't play all night (wow...sure miss those days :) ) drinking beer and having a blast with wife and friends online (no dirty comments...). Given that, I am not an expert at JKII by any stretch. SO, my take is this:

Given even the time that I play online, I have learned to at least be on an even playing field with gun users. I usually rank in the top three on CTF servers that I play on. I rarely am below that in score, but am occasionally. I play sabre-force 90% of the time, with the occasional switch to a det pack or rocket when needed. I prefer the sabre, and have not felt the need to switch to primarily guns to stay competitive.

So, I don't play all the time, yet I can play sabre-force and still kick ass. Even on FFA, I rarely am in the lower 60% of rank in score. So, if guns were so much better, then why can I accomplish this? I don't practice like I used to in Q or HL or T2, yet I can still keep an edge. Seems to me like sabre use 90% of the time is doable, as I am doing it. Yeah, I do use other weapons if there is no other alternative. But isn't that what some are saying is impossible cuz sabres suck? Not true. I think its just the skills of the players that are lacking.

As an added handicap, I have severe carpal tunnel syndrome in my mouse hand and must use a trackball. I am no where near as good with that as I am with a mouse. The pain is so bad at times I have to just stop playing. My tendons and nerves are extremely sensitive in that hand, so even typing is a little painful. As I am a sys. admin, I've got no choice but to deal with it. But as a FPS player, I am definately at a disadvantage. Yet I still rank high...

If you see me online late at night or afternoon CST, you will see what I mean.

My $0.02,

riordan

JESUS H. CHRIST!

Play where you want, when you want, how you want, with which weapons you want, because here's a revelation--

NO ONE GIVES A GODDAMN ABOUT HOW YOU PLAY!!

Like sabers? Go to a SABER ONLY server.

Like Guns? Go ANYWHERE ELSE.

Quit whining. :bored:

I also use the saber about 90% of the time and also manage to score good to very well. The lightsaber is my "tool". Everything else is a "gadget".

Example of cool guns: 5 people fighting with sabers in a tiny room. Throw a grenade in there. Boom. Lol. This is not lame. What would any person do in a combat situation like that? Walk in there? Thats like running head first into one of thhose wood chippers.

Example of lame guns: Shooting someone with the alt-repeater at point blank range (sabering range). If they try to do this, you always have PULL.

I also don't care if I win or lose. If someone totally owns me in a cool way, I will bow down to that person. If someone owns me as a lamer, I think, he's a lamer, so who cares how well he does. Sure, I enjoy being top of the list, but what is wrong with being in the middle? At the end of the day you should just say: I'll do better next time.

Example: One time this guy had at least 10 frags more than me, but I beat him almost every duel we had. Who's better then?

Archived