Home

No Sdk ?

rut-wa jodar

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There could be complications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complications, as in, the lead programmer stated he was fairly certain that the singleplayer SDK would not be released. Ouch.

Just seen above post at Massassi.net, I hope it`s no true .Please tell me it`s a Late April Fool !!! :(

Real Quote: "Well at its core its taking one code and replacing it with another. There could be complications but nothing a good coder can't find workarounds to".

Keywords: Could be; Complications; Workaround.

rut-wa jodar, go away.

Now who is the lead programmer? Not firestorm is it? If it is then yahoo! He also states:

"Well Raven did say they would implant the SP saber system if demand came to it."

DEMAND DEMAND DEMAND!!!!

Raven, don't do a [V]olition. They suck (ask anyone) and so far you guys rock (ask anyone :)), keep on rocking, please.

:)

I think the source for Jipe's quote about there not being an SDK as partly from URL=http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32906]this thread[/url]

Raven didn't release an SDK for SP in Elite Force, only a GDK. It's likely that they'll do the same with JO IMO. A shame as it would be nice to add new AI (for new creatures!) and new weapons. I don't know how far ICARUS will let mod developers go in terms of adding new creatures etc.

However, we could keep petitioning Raven until they do or, and I believe people are thinking of doing this, the MP game will just have to be adapted to play like SP.

Originally posted by Dakindas

Now who is the lead programmer? Not firestorm is it? If it is then yahoo! He also states:

"Well Raven did say they would implant the SP saber system if demand came to it."

DEMAND DEMAND DEMAND!!!!

Raven, don't do a [V]olition. They suck (ask anyone) and so far you guys rock (ask anyone :)), keep on rocking, please.

:)

Just so folks know, I've started a petition in the feedback forum to encourage Raven to make MP sabre combat like SP. If they do this, I might just reinstall the game now that I've beaten SP and removed it from my hard drive (since MP kind of sucks to me).

Archived