Home

I hope this isn't considered whining :)

Hiteche5

I have noticed something in JK2 more than other FPSs I have played.

1. Names-In other shooters I never saw some of the insulting names that I have seen in JK2. Names like "Hunting Nig**rs" and "Suck My C**k". Waht especially bothers me (since I am Afro-American) is the more racist ones I have seen. I play on a variety of servers and I see it alot. I will sometimes call vote but noone seems to mind.

2. Insults-I have also noticed that when the match is done that people will insult rather that say "gg" or something..I never hear compliments at the end of a match.

I hope this is just a passing thing as some of these people will leave when the next shooter comes out but it is discouraging. But in a hardcore gothic shooter like Quake I don't see this kinda crap. I know I'm whining myself but it does bother me and I like this game so I don't want to leave but seeing messages like "kill all them Lando nig**rs first" is troubling. Thanks for listening.

H, yeah the internet can be harsh, dude. There are some real ignorant citizens out there. About the only thing you can do is ignore that kind of behaviour and act in a way that you think is proper in hopes that showing respect will eventually get respect.

Trying to confront people on the internet is most often completly futile because they know they are safe to spout whatever ignorance is ready to spill out of their tiny minds because they can't see that you are actually six-foot-three and built like a brick house and ready to lay them out for being an @$$. :D

I'd have to agree with Darksider in that it sounds like you've just come across some bad servers. Most servers I've found have pretty well mannered people when it comes to obscene names. Sure you have your typical drain *****s and heal sluts, but nobody throwing down n-bombs. Seattle Saber Only CTF for one, and Detroit Gibfest.

I do agree that is pretty da/\/\n sad, the level of ignorance of some people. I can't believe that there are people out there that still really believe that kind of crap. Going after Lando for that stupid taunt of his would be a much more worthy task rather than going after him for the color of his skin!

Wooooohoooooooo! :D

(I think it's probably more annoying than the Stormie's taunt if u ask me.)

Hang in there Hiteche5. Your class will be a shining beacon, and remember all those racist, ignorant folks WILL get what's coming to them in the end.

Yea...I guess the very nature of the game tends to attract a younger crowd and they think it's cool to have a cuss word in their name. But the racist stuff just plain scares me. I tend to think this type of stuff is going away but instead it's just hidden better. You can't attach a face to the ones who hate you. Just makes me afraid to leave the house at night.:confused:

Some of my best friends are black. However when I hear the term "Hunting N****rs" used as a name, I can't help but laugh. I know it's wrong, but I have laughed at things that people would get really angry about if they knew. But if someone called one of my black friends a n****r to his face I would rip his frickin' eyeball out and headbutt his teeth in. Unfortuantly there is no way to avoid racism. As long as ignorant, stupid people exist you will have racism.

Archived