Home

Anakin Skywalker Ep2 Skin

Elessil

How do you like this skin, and how much does it look like Anakin?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like this skin, and how much does it look like Anakin?

• I love it and it looks totally like him!
    • I like the skin and it does have some resemblance of Anakin.
    • I do like the skin itself, but in my opinion it doesn\\\\\\\'t look like Anakin.
    • I don\'t like the skin, but it somewhat does look like Anakin.
    • I totally hate your skin!

Hi, I've been working on an Anakin Skywalker skin, mostly for personal fun, but I think it didn't come out all that bad, and I would really like some feedback, also as to how to improve it.

Unfortunately it's just a skin, not a model, I'm just completely unable to really 3D model and particularly then apply texture to it and get it to work. But I hope you will like it anyway, and if I get enough feedback to fix it up some more, I will post a download link. Enoguh babbling :)

anakin2.jpg

that skin is awesome!!! the face is just perfect, and i know it isn't that easy to make skins of existing people, when you don't have a model to match the person!

really great work, the best skin so far!

i'd like to download it too, and could you post a picture where we can see anakin's side please?

Woah, looks fantastic. I am a big fan of Anakin, he's my favourite, so I would not say that if it wasn't true.

I am currently using only 3 custom skins, because I think most of them need new models to look like the original. But I definitely would use your Anakin.

Take your time to fix whatever you want, but when you are satisdied with it you have to post a link where we can download it. :)

Sorry, I was gone almost the complete day... I will work on it a bit more and probably post it in an hour or so. Thanks for the feedback everyone!!

As for the model, I used Galak as base.

Danica - did you make an Anakin skin too? I'm sorry, I did not know that! Where can I find it?

Thanks Nash, that's useful! Unfortunately, I just uploaded it to m webspace, and as it's 2 MB, I'm too lazy to do it again right away :)

But when some things come up and there is demand, I will eventually work out a v2, most likely.

Here

So, now enjoy, and remember, this is for fun and a game :)

Ele,

Sorry man. Found some problems:

1. Anakin has some of the taunts of aliens and other such guys. I didn't think he was THAT good at impressions. =p (ie: when he jumps)

2. His name path is: galak/anakin/default. You should make it: anakin/default

These are SUPER easy to fix.

Let me know when they are fixed and I will download the skin again. =)

You have the best Anakin skin seen, so it's best to have these little things fixed for people. =)

Good work.

Hey Evan, I was wondering if you could let me know how to change those things? I am currently learning how to do those things myself for my own skin and I figured I could just make those changes to the Anakin skin since it needs changing anyways...Also, how would I go about making the skin a bot? THanks...

Sure, I will fix that.

As for the taunts, how do you mean this? I know there is some possibility to taunt, but how do I do it? And theoretically he should have the same taunts as Galak.. *shrug*

As for the paths, I actually don't know if I can change that. Because I think every skin tutorial shows it the way I did, I'm not quite sure if it is possible to make an extra path. If it is, let me know how and I sure will do that.

I didn't edit Quake or anyhting before, and this is the first thing I did for JK2, so I'm not so versed in the technical aspects, but if someone helps me out, I'd be more than willing to work on that.

To make his own path, simply create a folder withen the pk3 file called "Anakin".

There should already be one called Galak, and inside the Galak folder, one called Anakin.

Take all the files in the Anakin folder, save them somewhere else, then delete the Galak/anakin folders.

Then create a NEW folder called "Anakin".

After that, go to the model.glm file or whatever it's called, and rename all the file extentions.

they should say models/galak/anakin/???

Rename them so it's the right path.

As for the taunts, test the model out for yourself. Anakin makes a weird "alien" sound when he jumps. All the rest of the sounds seem OK.

Archived