Home

my first map (screenshots inside)

PurplWulf

I've mapped for HereticII before and wanted to make a nice little map for sabering on that I could practice on and fight the bots on, as well as playing against my wife on.

I decided to try and recreate the training room arena from the Yavin_Temple map in the SP, but since I can't figure out how to add bot support to the map it's pretty worthless at this point.

I think the recreation is pretty accurate, the textures are all the same and the layout is the same, accept for the viewing boxes at the top that took away from the fighting space and were basically worthless for MP use since spectators can "ghost" the map and move around among it anyways.

here's the screenshots if anyone wants to see it.

ftp://ftp.the-warlords.org/JediKnightII/arena2.jpg

ftp://ftp.the-warlords.org/JediKnightII/arena3.jpg

the purple one

the glass floor is a shader

if you create your brush, and then call up the "common" textures, you should see various types of glass textures. just apply the texture to the brush and it'll show up as transparent glass in the editor (although it'll be very dark) and when you bsp the map it'll take on it's true look which is what you see in the map screenshots there.

the particular texture I used was just the plain "glass" texture shader.

there's also reflective glass there and other types.

Hope that helps

the purple one

in it's current state it's usable in duel mode, ffa mode, and team ffa mode and is accessible thru the in-game menu just like the default maps from Raven.

the only thing I'm waiting on is a way to add bot support so it's fully functional map in all aspects.

however while the map is set for ffa and tffa use as well as duel, it only has a few items, so it's definately a saber only map.

there's four instant shield pickups, and four instant health packs in the map.

the purple one

the map itself was very easy to make, it's a simple layout, the hardest part was learning the new editor and getting it running like it's supposed to.

I've put up a link for download in the maps/levels section of the forums if anyone is interested in trying it out.

the purple one

Archived