Home

Best atk against a fallen opponent?

HKPhooE

Hello, I'm pretty new to jk2, but have been focusing mainly on the "duel" mode. After a few days of practice, i'm getting pretty good at pulling/pushing foes to the ground. Unfortunatly, I often waste great opportunites, by missing a fallen opponent, or worse running over their saber (Happens a lot more than i'd like to admit haha).

If anyone has tips on the best way to nail an opponent while on the ground, it would be very helpful. Please list the keyboard command (eg. forward+atk) as I still don't have the exact names for each move memorized.

I'm also wondering about how close I should be when I start the atk, as close as possible? or can I start it from 2 or 3 body widths away?

Any other tips that come to mind would be greatly appreciated as well.

The traditional attack is to do a heavy overhand chop, if they are slow to get up this will smoke them every time (provided they have lost the 25 shield they start with... heavy hits do 100 damage unblocked).

If you are unsure of your ability to hit them with the overhead slash then I'd recommend a heavy left side slash, this will give you a good horizontal coverage, which they will likely jump over while getting up, but them's the breaks.

any overhand chop is the way to go dude, forward plus attack. If you're late getting there then just do a saber throw. It's not as good as a normal attack, but if you cacn't get there in time any other way, then you do what you gotta do right?

If you are pressed for time or just can't ever remember to do all those complicated moves when you should (maybe that's just me...) try rolling into them (your saber will do a bit of damage) and then a quick slash as they get up. Bada-bing.

Actually the best move that I have seen so far was one a guy I played in a server once. This works for all stances...

You run right up to them as quick as possible, then turn ur back on them and look up. U press back+prim and he will either do a stab(quick stance) or a sweep(heavy+med stance). I'm pretty sure the sweep takes em out in one hit, but i'm not sure about the stab. This is a good move as it hits them VERY easily, and even if they do get up quickly it is nigh impossible to block :D

Several weeks ago I knew one guy would would knock you down, then walk over you and do the light stance backstab on you, he had the movements where he could do it flawlessly. I wouldn't recommend taking the time to turn back around when you can just walk over the guy and do it.

Originally posted by *T¥RANITH*

You run right up to them as quick as possible, then turn ur back on them and look up.

.....and then sputter in confusion when they either kick you in the back of the head, or slice you in two.....

kurgan's got the right idea! :)

but assuming saber only, then the backstab and backswing both look good, although i'd recommend running over your opponent, not up to them and turning. you could do the heavy overhand attack, but it's starting to get old, and you need some new challenges in life :)

i think im going to start trying the backstab/swing now :)

Archived